cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern VS Partition

rjunaid.sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, i was trying to study Route Pattern,Partition and css i try to read alot of documentation,but still these topics are not clear can anyone please explain what these are and for what we use them? and major what what's the difference be pattern and partition.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I moved your message from the Contact Center forum to the IP Telephony and Phones forum, as your question is more appropriate here, than back over there.

Anyway, I highly recommend you review the Cisco Live presentation for Enterprise Dial Plan Fundamentals here https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library.html?#/session/1509501667187001Ppml

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I moved your message from the Contact Center forum to the IP Telephony and Phones forum, as your question is more appropriate here, than back over there.

Anyway, I highly recommend you review the Cisco Live presentation for Enterprise Dial Plan Fundamentals here https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library.html?#/session/1509501667187001Ppml

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

More reading for you

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

This might help you a bit from a high level perspective:

Route Pattern

String of dialed digits (i.e. 9.1800555XXXX)

Partition

Grouping of things with similar characteristics

Directory Numbers (DN)

Route Patterns

Translation Patterns

This is how they tie together with other configuration items to make an Outbound Call:

Number is called (ex. 918005551212)

Calling Search Space determined

Determines what partitions are associated to CSS

Partitions determined

All partitions in identified CSS are searched

Determines what route patterns are associated to partitions

Route Pattern identified

Call Manager performs Closest Match Routing

i.e. will match 9.1800555XXXX over 9.1800XXXXXXX)

Determines what route list to use

Route List identified

Determines what route group to route call through

Route Group identified

Determines what trunk or gateway to route call to

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Thanks Andrew for replying, so that's how an outbund call process we will follow like we dialed an outbound number first CUCM check css and then css will pass to partition and partition to route pattern and route pattern to route list and then to route group and route group to particular trunk Right? 

And can you please answer this  "What is UCCX and UCCE or CUCM" exaplain in your words like a defination?

Hi,

UCCX (Unified Contact Center Express) is a contact center solution with lesser customization options available mostly for small and medium business customers, UCCE(Unified Contact Center Enterprise) is a full fledged contact center solution and as the name suggests its mostly for enterprise customers who require a separate IVR or complex scripting. CUCM ( Cisco Unified Communications Manager) is the IP PBX where we will register all endpoints (hard phones/softphones). CUCM takes care of call processing and has the centralized dial plan for routing calls.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: