Views
Helpful
Replies

Route pattern

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

when the subscriber went down  ,(all phones are up and running ) i could not able to dial outside (9.xxx).

why does this route pattern did not work during the outage of subscriber.

Please help

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Enable 'Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes' parameter under respective Route List and reset the route list. If it doesn't solve the issue, let us know the complete call flow and which are devices are included there.

- Vivek

Hi 

I have attahced

1 ) route pattern 

2 ) Roult list 

3)Route list configuration 1 & 2 

Thank you all 

The reason why calls failed is because in CUCM, Route List doesn't have a fail over functionality. When the CUCM server a route list is registered to goes down, the route list still show registered to the server and doesn't fail over to the back up server in the device pool.

To achieve redundancy in route lists that uses sip trunks, you need to enable run on all active cm nodes on the ff:

1. Sip trunk (reset after you make the change)

2. Route list

When you enable this feature on both RL and sip trunk, then CUCM will always use the node that the ip phone making the call is registered to. This also has the additional benefit of distributing call load across your cluster

Please refer to this document for more on this feature

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12088366/sip-trunks-and-run-all-active-cm-nodes

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

One gateway is going to one telco exchange and the other one  second one is going  another telco exchange . For example  partition national_1 is associated to G1-G2-RL

partition national_2 is associated to G2-G1-RL. 

If that is the case , is there something need to do additionally ? 

can you tell me where is    " enable run on all active cm nodes ".

Thank you all

Go to the sip trunk and scroll down and you will see the settings:

Then on the route list you should see this too..

Please rate all useful posts

Hi ,

Tahnk you all . I am not using route lists that uses sip trunks. Instead i am using h323 gateway to connect to the pstn.

Thank you all

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Nothing related between subscriber phone registration and route pattern, unless both subscriber ip phone and voice gateway to outside connecting to same power supply.

Regards 

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As suggested you need to provide details of the Route List assigned on the Route patterns. If it is SIP then do as suggested by Vivek, for MGCP you might want to check if redundancy is configured on the gateway else the MGCP endpoints can stay unregistered.

Manish