cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router and CUCM MOH

geneva1902
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote site using a 2851 version 12.4(24)T6 with SRST and it's playing MOH from flash. We want to switch their phones to using a .wav file we've uploaded to our CUCM servers running 8.0.3.22900-5 (one pub, two subs). I've seen references to using the commands "telelphony-service" and "no moh" but I get this error when I try: "need to remove call-manager fallback config". Do I need to completely take out this config before I can disable MOH or is there another way? On the CUCM side I've made sure the files are in the correct format, uploaded them to all three servers, assigned the file to the correct common device configs, and restarted MOH server on all three. Is there anything else I need to do in CUCM?

Thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This error is because you configured SRST using "call-manager fallback" command and you provide MOH from here

when using the above command, you can't issue "telephony-service" command. So all you need is to disable it under fallback configuration and try sending it unicast from the CUCM to the remote site phones while they are registered to the cucm

Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

This error is because you configured SRST using "call-manager fallback" command and you provide MOH from here

when using the above command, you can't issue "telephony-service" command. So all you need is to disable it under fallback configuration and try sending it unicast from the CUCM to the remote site phones while they are registered to the cucm

Regards

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

geneva1902 wrote:

... I get this error when I try: "need to remove call-manager fallback config". Do I need to completely take out this config before I can disable MOH or is there another way?

You are getting that error message because you have "basic" SRST (i.e. call-manager-fallback) already provisioned on the IOS device. This is not a problem. If you are streaming MOH from the local system flash then your MOH config is under call-manager-fallback config stanza. The commands are the same as you would apply under the "telephony-service" config stanza (which is the config for CME or CME as SRST).

So, look at your running config and you'll see something like this:

!

call-manager-fallback

moh music-on-hold.au   !or some other file name / path

multicast moh gg.gg.gg.gg port yyyy [route

!

To remove MOH configs just do it under call-manager-fallback.

On the CUCM side I've made sure the files are in the correct format,  uploaded them to all three servers, assigned the file to the correct  common device configs, and restarted MOH server on all three. Is there  anything else I need to do in CUCM?

Assuming that your previous configuration worked then you should be pretty much good to go on the CUCM side. Though, I think you may want to give some thought to your Region settings. With the "stream from flash" approach, the MOH server that was provisioned for multicast had to use a region where G711 was allowed to the remote region. You may want to keep G711 as the codec and that is perfectly fine. But you will want to make sure you are aware of that aspect of the config and consciously making the decision on codec selection.

I also assume that by "assigning the file to the correct common device configs..." that you mean you have assigned a source ID and associated that ID to devices and/or lines as necessary. If yes, then good.

The piece you did not mention is multicast routing across your network. Since you were streaming from flash, you were configuring CUCM as a multicast source. If you are sticking with this then your network needs to be able to handle end-to-end multicast routing.

HTH

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the responses. One thing I failed to mention is that I removed the MOH line already and it still plays MOH from the router.

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.128.215.254 172.30.248.194

This was the only MOH entry in the callmanager-fallback section. There wasn't anything else specifying the exact file name. I'm missing something else that will disable MOH from the router.

Regarding CUCM I assigned the new MOH file by going to Device-Device Settings-Common Device Configuration and selected the new file for the configuration names I needed. On a side note I was successful at configuring a custom MOH file to play for a different group of phones at a different location (and router) by uploading the file to CUCM and assigning it manually at the device level. That location was never set up for MOH from the router though.

Matt

Confirm the router isn't streaming MOH

check this debug to see if there is any streams

debug ephone moh

If you see mssgs like this:

xxx: MoH route If Loopback0 46 x.x.x.x via x.x.x.x

xxx: MoH route If Vlan240 ETHERNET x.x.x.x via ARP

Then you still stream from flash

you can then from the cucm increase the maximum hop count if you are using multicast for MOH so it could reach the branch site. or use unicast.

Also you can try removing the wav file from flash with fallback conf and reset the router. It should definitly solve the issue

Regards

I ran the debug command and I did not see any messages like the one you posted. I've set up CUCM to use unicast. I removed the MOH entry from the callmanager-fallback setting so I'll try resetting the router this week.

Thanks
Matt

Looks like rebooting the remote router worked. Thanks.

Great

Plz rate helpfull posts to be as a good refernece

Regards

Haitham