Views
Helpful
Replies

Router patterns - Help

rafaelgarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two locations wit one PRI each and connected using p2p. They will back up each other in case of failure.

My issue is on how to configure the route patterns. For example, I have area code 786 for Miami (local) and 817 for texas (local) but 786 is long distance dialing from texas as well as 817 dialing from Miami.

Calling from texas all the 786 calls I want them to go through the miami PRI to keep them as local calls but if the Miami PRI goes down, they should go out through Texas. The user is dialing the number 786........, they don't know that the PRI is down, Is there a way to match it with another router pattern that includes the 1 as a prefix? How do I make this happen?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There are probably a couple ways to solve this problem, but I would create single route pattern that points to a route list containing 2 route groups (1 route group for each gateway).

Assuming H323 gateways, I would insert the "1" prefix in the gateway dialpeer (although I do not understand why the "1" is needed).

hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: