Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing calls from CUCME router, through non-CUCME router, to PSTN

I have a VoIP exam coming up, and part of this exam will require us to configure a site with two routers and two switches. The first router (R1) is not running CUCME and is connected directly to the PSTN. The second router (R2) is running CUCME and is connected to the first router. Each router has a switch connected to it, and each switch has an IP phone connected.

Is there any special configuration needed to route calls from R2, to R1, then to the PSTN or to allow phones connected to R1 register with R2?

I've spent a couple hours searching, but haven't been able to find any help. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you only have IP connectivity and not a T1 or something else between those routers, all you need are dial peers

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

First question, how does router R1 connect to the PSTN, is it a SIP trunk, ISDN or what?  Secondly is R1 already configured to act as a PSTN gateway, for example in service connected to CUCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: