cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing outbound calls through a remote gateway (PRI)

Mario Manzano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

We are converting/moving two sites to CUCM 8.X ... One has the PRI that both use right now, all phones on both sites register now to CME which has the PRI on it..

I am having trouble wrapping my brain around how to preserve that route once we move to CUCM, for outbound calls.

The calls will originate at SITE-A behind SIP-TRUNK-A (registered in CUCM), then should go to SIP-TRUNK-B (with PRI) then OUT to TELCO .....

Any advice is greatly appreciated !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just configure your RPs on Site-A to route outbound calls to site B over the SIP trunk, and in site-B make sure the inbound CSS of the trunk allows you to match the RPs that point to the GW with the PRI.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just configure your RPs on Site-A to route outbound calls to site B over the SIP trunk, and in site-B make sure the inbound CSS of the trunk allows you to match the RPs that point to the GW with the PRI.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime for the answer! ... it is much more clear now!

... I just have to treat one router like if it was an extension of the other and stream outbound that way... matching, CSS, routing gatway, manipulating dial peers accordingly, etc, etc...

I think I know now what I need to do!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: