Helpful
Replies

[RTMT-ALERT-cuc1.00001.uc.xxx.net] TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThreshold

petrecl-cc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i get this RTMT alert from my CUC Publisher:

From Wed Jun 21 15:39:09 CEST 2017 to Wed Jun 21 15:39:39 CEST 2017 on node LDE01.uc.xxxx.net, there are 2 TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart alarm(s) and 1 TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdEnd alarm(s) received.

On Wed Jun 21 15:39:23 CEST 2017, the last TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart alarm generated:

NumberOfProcesses : 343

NumberOfThreads : 2173

Reason : Total processes and threads have exceeded the maximum tasks [2500] ProcessWithMostInstances : Process [unityoninit] has instances [36] ProcessWithMostThreads : Process [CuCsMgr] has Thread Count [369] AppID : Cisco RIS Data Collector ClusterID : cuc1.00001.uc.xxxx.net NodeID : LDE01 TimeStamp : Wed Jun 21 15:39:23 CEST 2017

As i read in some BUg IDs there is the possibility to fix the Problem via Administration page like this.

Go to Unity Connection Administration page > System Settings > Service Parameters > Select the affected server (LDELUHUSRV01) > Select Service “Cisco RIS Data Collector” > Then Increment “Maximum Number of Processes and Threads” to 3000.

Thats not possible because i still even reach the webinterface, but i can reach the cuc Publisher via CLI.

Any ideas what the solution is? What happened?

thanks.

Cristina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try to restart the Cisco Tomcat [utils service restart Cisco Tomcat] service from CLI and this must bring you webinterface back. And once it is back, follow the workaround as per bug. You can also restart the service from CLI as utils service restart Cisco RIS Data Collector.

In order to bring your webinterface back restart Cisco Tomcat. 

I am not sure which version you are using but have found below bug for the similar issue 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo39344/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Try to restart the Cisco Tomcat [utils service restart Cisco Tomcat] service from CLI and this must bring you webinterface back. And once it is back, follow the workaround as per bug. You can also restart the service from CLI as utils service restart Cisco RIS Data Collector.

In order to bring your webinterface back restart Cisco Tomcat. 

I am not sure which version you are using but have found below bug for the similar issue 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo39344/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Any large BAT exports, imports, changes or things of that nature happen to your mailboxes right before this triggered?