Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Alert Detail

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to get more detail from the alerts generated by RTMT. I would like to know what gateway went down but we cannot tell from the messages that are sent from the system.Here is an example of what is recieved when we lose a PRI gateway:

error.png

Thanks!

Chris

6 Replies 6

priyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From the problem description I read that you are trying to figure out which device is
having this registration and unregistration attempts. Now assuming that you are looking at
these message from Alert central, could you please also review the Application logs under
System > Tools > System Viewer for related details?

--The RTMT alerts  severity must be set to Error, so in UCM can you
modified it to be "Informational"

You should  able to find more details next time they
get a device unregistration message.

Remember that check on all servers
the registration and unregistration events are always displayed under the
UCM server to which the gateway is registered.

Thanks Priya!

That message is the email I recieve when a gateway goes down. I have checked the alert configuration in Alert Central and have set the alert properties to

error. It was set to Critical. Will I receive emails with more detail now?

Sorry for not being clear enough ,please set the alert properties to " informational"

Priya,

I have set the alert properties to informational but still seeing the same results.Do you have any more suggestions?

Here is the latest sample of the email I receive from RTMT.

Number of registered gateways increased. Current monitored precanned object has increased by 1 The alert is generated on Mon May 23 14:59:49 EDT 2011 on cluster JC1VCCMS01-Cluster.

Thanks!

Old topic - SAME PROBLEM.

RTMT has NOT been updated in a very long time.  Most of the canned alerts are so generic its not worth sending/using. we have to load the RTMT tool to actually find out whats going on there.

If the system is smart enough to log the specific gateway, (or issue in general) via Syslog, and RTMT is reading that log to generate the alert - ADD THE INFORMATION to the ALERT.

Seems simple enough - but for YEARS we have been asking for this, and getting nowhere.

Please advise on how this is getting addressed.  If there is another tool we should be using to mointor our Voice systems, let me know.

I suspect they want us to buy Prime Collaboration: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12363/index.html (which has superceeded Operations Manager)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Please rate all helpful posts.