cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT SIP trace shows no detailed data for certain SIP trunk

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I have SIP trunks that I can look at in RTMT (real time monitor tool) and see the detailed SIP message just fine, but a new SIP trunk I added to a Cisco router (used as a branch office access to PSTN and for SRST for that local site) is not showing me the detailed SIP message info.  Any idea why?   Instead of the details, I see this warning: 

Detailed SIP Message
There is no SIP message to display!
Please verify the following:
1.Check if the "Enable SIP Call Processing Trace" check box in "Unified Serviceability Webpage --> Trace --> Configuration --> CM Services --> Cisco CallManager" is enabled
2.Check if the trace level is set to State Transition, Significant, Arbitrary or Detailed     

I checked all 3 CUCM servers and they all have the trace enabled and at the detailed level.  Again, I have no trouble seeing the details of SIP messages for other SIP calls to SIP trunks to things like MS Unified Messaging, Avaya servers and MS Lync, but for some reason this new router that was added as a SIP trunk/gateway is not showing up in RTMT with the detailed SIP message info.  I also checked every CUCM server in RTMT to see if the detailed message was only on one server, but the detailed message is not on any server.  I'm not sure what's going on.  

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen the same notification as well, when tracing a call. Even with detailed trcae settings on for all nodes.  I Found that the actual SDLXXXX.txt file that conmtains these traces will also contain the detailed SIP messages. I agree, not as good as drilling into the calls HTML file, but at least the information is there.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks.  I just wonder why it only happens with that one SIP trunk (to the Cisco router).  It works fine with all the other devices we have links to.  

How/where would I find the SDL files you mentioned?

there is various ways of obtaining them. I find the easiest way, is to go to RTMT>Voice/Video>Real Time Data. ten once there, find the call you want to trace, select it and open it, then click the Save button.  This will save a whole bunch of stuff, but one of the things will be the traces, contained with a folder call SDL inside what you just saved.

HTH

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Ah, ok.   Thanks

I know it's been awhile, but I just tried this and there's no info at all in the SDL folder.   Maybe I'll open a case with Cisco and have them help me with this.

Did you get this resolved, if so how?

I am encountering same issue here.

regards, Tomi

Piotr Mlodawski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am havng the same problem.

SIP trace is turned on, but when using Real Time Data in RTMT, I can only see the flow of SIP messages, but no SIP message details.

Were you able to solve it?

Regards

Piotr

Sorry to be a little late to the party on this one, the following resolved this issue for me:

1. In Serviceability, access Trace -> Troubleshooting Trace Settings

2. Look at each CM node's trouble shooting items. Do you have any enabled/checked?

3. Either reset them all or disable some and then test the RTMT again.

I had the CM Service Cisco Call Manager checked. Once I removed it, saved, and then went back to alerted to re-apply the SIP traces (which were already set), I started to get the SIP messages in RTMT.

thanks, had the same issue after upgrading to v12.5
call flow diagram was OK, but no detailed SIP message.
It works again now, after I disabled the SIP Call Processing Trace in Cisco Unified Serviceability and re-anabled it agin.

Glad it helped :)

I just had this again, but, a different scenario... I did not have any troubleshooting items set. Here's the process I followed to resolve this scenario:

1. In Trace -> Configuration, I disabled both SIP Stack and SIP Call Processing traces on all nodes.

2. In Trace -> Troubleshooting trace, I enabled a trace on all nodes, paused for a minute.

3. I then reversed this process... remove the troubleshooting traces first and then enabled the SIP configuration traces.

I did attempt bullet #1 by itself - disable the SIP traces - followed by re-enabling the traces, but that did not work. I had to perform all these steps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: