Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Prime Collaboration Deployment migration on CUCM and IM+P a second time

glenn.newman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have used the Prime Collaboration Deployment server to create VMs, run upgrades and migrate from 9.02 to 10.5 for CM and IM+P.

The migration ran successfully and CM and IM+P came up as a cluster.  We were able to register phones and test.  

These servers did not go into production.  

Can we run the migration task to these servers again to update their info?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you would need to delete those servers and run the whole migration again.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you would need to delete those servers and run the whole migration again.

HTH

java

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update their info in terms of changing IP Address, Hostname etc. If yes, then definitely you can do it and this will be Readdressing Task btw and not migration. If your plans are to further upgrade this 10.5 cluster to 11.x then also you can do it using PCD and it will be known as Upgrade Task unless you have plans to deploy this existing cluster on a new virtual hardware which will then be termed as Migration

Regards

Deepak

I am asking about running the migration task because the users and devices on these servers are out of date.  We have not run the re-addressing task yet on these servers.

i would think that re-running the migration task would update database info on the new servers from our current 9.02 cluster.

The upgrade task is not meant to "update" information, it's meant to migrate the WHOLE DB in one move, and install the CUCM/IM&P servers along the way, which requires blank OVAs to be deployed.

HTH

java

Okay, I see that the "Migrate" task first does data export and then creates the new servers.  I see that we then ran an upgrade task after that.

I was hoping that I could just do the data export part, but it shouldn't be a big deal to start from scratch since the OVAs and upgrade files are in place.

That would be great, but for the time being, there's no easy way to get that delta from one server to the other, but as you mention, if you already have everything in place, just delete the VMs, deploy a new set of blank VMs and create a new migration task.

HTH

java

Running the migration task again will not update the DB as correctly pointed out by Jaime. If you want the information to be updated as it is on your production cluster then take a DRS Backup of your production system and restore it on the cluster that you migrated through PCD. For DRS restore to work, you will ofcourse need to ensure that production and other cluster are running same versions, ip address, hostname etc.

Regards

Deepak

Okay, this is a migration to new VM servers that will be re-IP'd to the current system.  I will delete the new servers and re-run the migration task from the start.