Views
Helpful
Replies

SAMSUNG Galaxy S3,S2 is not registered in CUCM 7.1.5

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have CUCM version 7.1.5 , I tried to registered the Samsung Galaxy S3 with Andriod 4.0 and  4.1 , but unfortuantly the Samsung Galaxy S3 status is " Unregsitered " ,and i have IPhone , and it is registered and working fine but samsung not working

My Questions are :

- Do i need to upgrade CUCM to 8.6 or 8.5 ? if yes , why Jabber of IPphone is working fine ?

- how to solve this issue ?

Note : i have

Call Manager  7.1.5.34900-7

Android Version 4.0.x

Samsung s3 and S4

jabber version 9.1.2.3324

thanks and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

I think the Samsung Galaxy S III is bettr use  Android version 2.2 or 2.3 . Please find the datasheet as the below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11678/data_sheet_c78-649887.html.

for andorid , you have to use CCM v9

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hello,

Could you please let us know, what version of Jabber are you using ? Is it the one that you have downloaded from the Play Store? The latest version? 9.1(2)?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkitesh

Hi

Call Manager  7.1.5.34900-7

Android Version 4.0.x

Samsung s3 and S4

jabber version 9.1.2.3324

Hi Venkitesh H Iyer

Any updates ?

thanks and regards

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

I think the Samsung Galaxy S III is bettr use  Android version 2.2 or 2.3 . Please find the datasheet as the below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11678/data_sheet_c78-649887.html.

for andorid , you have to use CCM v9

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

Dear Islam

have CUCM 7.1.5 , and not CUCM v9 , so it is necesaery to upgrade to ver 9 , but the customer doest want to upgrade , so it will work on ver 7.1.5 ?

thanks

Dear

I am sure that Android version 2.2 or 2.3 works fine , but it will not recommended to the customer because the application which run on his mobile . Let me check for some thing and tell you good results.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hi,

Download the file, I have attached, install it in your Android Phones. Before installing, see to it that you have un-installed the old version completely.

After installing and configuring, try to see if it is detecting the CUCM Server and able to rech it. It should register according to me.

How to install third party apps on Android:

Step 1: Click the MENU button

Step 2: Go to SETTINGS

Step 3: Click on APPLICATIONS

Step 4: Make sure that “UNKNOWN SOURCES” is checked

Step 5: Read the warning message and acknowledge if you are OK to proceed with the changes

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkitesh

HI Venkitesh

Will this get applies to CUCM8.6.2 also ?

I have tried that file what you have uploaded but it  i am getting the error (java.net.connectionExceptionfailed to connect to /192.168.11.6(port5060)after5000ms:is connected failed :ECONNREFUSED ( connection refused ))

the ip address it is poing was my SUB ip we have put it down( shutdown) for some other problem .The server address what i have entred was out PUB one only

please you help me on this .

Regards

Raja

RAJA RAHMAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Islam

I am not able to opent he link what you have given above

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11678/data_sheet_c78-649887.html

please can you give me data sheet .

regards

Raja

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: