cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SBC over Satellite

wrgoulden
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mixture of star and mesh topologies that connect over satellite. As you can appreciate satellite bandwidths can vary due to weather conditions. I have a scenario where a hub site will host a UCM or UCME and the remote sites will register with the hub site. Some sites will be directly connected to the hub in a star, others will go via another remote site first to get to the hub, mesh scenario. I somehow need to control CAC end-to-end and was thinking about using SBC on each of the routers linking to the hub. Question is can SBC be used in series between one or two remote sites to get to the hub and control CAC end-to-end??

To complicate things further, some hub sites and their remotes will connect to other hubs and their remotes....

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Depending on their network architecture and the services they deliver, service providers will utilize SBCs in different ways and in various deployment scenarios, including the three those are Service provider-to-service provider, Service provider-to-enterprise peering & Service provider-to-residential interconnect.

For further information click this link.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ns537/ns549/ns746/ns759/net_brochure0900aecd80693e19.pdf