cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scam calls from 876/jamaica area code

ubuntu_guy
Level 1
Level 1

I've got several locations that receive calls from the 876 area code telling my users that they are returning phone calls to them. This seems to be a common scam as I'm reading more online. Only my Cisco voice locations seem to have the problem at all.

Has anyone seen/heard of anything similar?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /^876.*/

voice translation-profile block

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice X <---use whatever inbound dial-peer is being matched for your inbound calls

call-block translation-profile incoming block

-Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Easiest thing to do is put a blocking router pattern for 876 area code so that your people can't call them  back.  Unless of course your users need to call 876 for legitimate purposes, then this boviously won't work.

Are you using H.323 or MGCP gateways?  You can't block incoming calls on MGCP gateways, but you can on H.323.

I do have the outgoing side blocked, how do I setup the inbound block with an H.323 gateway?

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /^876.*/

voice translation-profile block

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice X <---use whatever inbound dial-peer is being matched for your inbound calls

call-block translation-profile incoming block

-Steve

Thanks very much for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: