Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Phones can't register to CME

happyatuni
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

One of my customers has setup a brand new site with Cisco CME on a Cisco 3945 router.

Trouble is that although all CIsco Phones can get a DHCP IP address from the Cisco CME, none of them could register to the CME router.  They all display "Defaulting to TFTP server" on their Phone's LED screen, and they both have 2 x entries on their Device Configuration under the 'Settings' button.

CM 1 - 0.0.0.0  UNKNOWN

CM 2 - 10.69.50.254 (This is the TFTP server we want to get to, which in turn is just the CME router on a sub-interface).

Under the 'Network Configuration' on the CIsco Phones, they can see that the TFTP Server 1 is also set to 10.69.50.254 (i.e. which is the CME router).

Also, all Cisco Phones can be seen to download the term75.defaults.load from the TFTP Server, which is the CME router. 

And from the CME router, all Cisco Phones can be pinged.

The weird thing is, even though the Cisco Phones can download the firmware and be pinged, they can't seem to get to the TFTP server at all during the phone registration. 

Have also tried to factory reset the Cisco Phones but get the same result.

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Hunt              

5 Replies 5

Please post appropriate part of your GW configuration that contain to CME.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Dear Roger,

I have fixed this issue.  I found that it was because i missed out an ip source-address command under telephony-service on my CME router.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

Hunt

I have faced this issue before.. The problem was with the command : default-router

If this IP address is wrong, the phones display the "defaulting to tftp server"..

Hope it helps.. If it doesnt then reply back..

Dear Abhinay,

Where is this command "default-router " located?

Cheers,

Hunt

Hi,

As Roger mentioned if you could kindly post your configuration it will be easier to review that and determine any issue with the configuration. What I believe was being suggest in the previous post is the DHCP Pool default-router option, that is providing your voice-gateway is providing DHCP? Please ensure your scope has a default-gateway, the router has a default route especially if you have sub-interfaces for trunk encapsulation connecting to your LAN. Also configure globally the tftp source interface.

Regards
Allan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: