Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP phones to SIP

midhun_km
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dears..

Is there any method available in CUCM 8.0 (3a) to change the protocol of IP Phones.

All phones are registred with SCCP.

I want to change to SIp for some testing.

what is the solution...?

Is there any other method avilable other than manually delete SCCP phone and , then again register with SIP...?

good day.....

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Amit Divekar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Midhun,

This is definately possible..

Here is the procedure for the same:-

1. Log-in to CUCM Publisher go to Bulk Admintration>Phone Template & create a template for the model of phone that you wish to migrate from sccp to sip, for example ( Phone Type-7970>device prtocol sip

2. Once the template is made go to  Bulk Admintration>Phones>Migrate Phones > sccp to sip

3. Add the template & run the job according to your convinience

Do let me know if this helps.

Please rate the posts if they are helpful

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

Hi Midhun,

If you won't do step 8,then if any phones config got erased or if you perform factory reset of the phone and phone tries to download the firmware again , they will again download the SCCP firmware and tries to auto Register themselves as SCCP endpoints, If the auto registeration has been turned on and also the new phones which you plug in will auto register themselves with the protocol mentioned in this enterprise parameter.

HTH

PS: Rate if you find the info useful.

Regards,

sumit

Hi Midhun,

If The auto registeration is turned off then you can skip.

HTH

PS:Plase Rate if you find the info useful.

Regards,

Sumit

Hello Midhun,

The step 8 will only come in handy when you have auto-registration enabled in your cluster & you wish to plug in phones & that they would accepted by the Cucm System.

I understand that we do not have Auto-Reg enabled so we can skip that step as we are just trying to move a few phones from sccp to sip.

Hope this clarifies.

Do let me know if this helps..

Do rate if you find this post useful

Regards,

Amit.

8 Replies 8

Amit Divekar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Midhun,

This is definately possible..

Here is the procedure for the same:-

1. Log-in to CUCM Publisher go to Bulk Admintration>Phone Template & create a template for the model of phone that you wish to migrate from sccp to sip, for example ( Phone Type-7970>device prtocol sip

2. Once the template is made go to  Bulk Admintration>Phones>Migrate Phones > sccp to sip

3. Add the template & run the job according to your convinience

Do let me know if this helps.

Please rate the posts if they are helpful

Regards,

Amit

Dear Amit,

Thanks for the update.

I got full steos from Cisco, Please find the detailed steps below.

Good  Day _ Bro.

1.Go to Cisco CallManager Administration and choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Migrate

Phones > SCCP to SIP.

2.Click Find after you select/enter the appropriate search criteria to list the phones that need to be

migrated.

3. Click Next and choose the phone template from the drop−down.

4. Enter the job description in the Job Information area.

5.Click Run Immediately in order to migrate phone records immediately or click Run Later in order

to migrate at a later time.

6.Click Submit in order to create a job for migrating the phone records.

Note: After you submit a job for migrating phones from SCCP to SIP, make sure that you reset these

phones. In order to reset the phones, choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Reset/Restart Phones

> Query.

7.When the Migrate job is submitted, choose Bulk Administration > Job Scheduler in order to

schedule and/or activate this job.

If it remains in the Pending state, you might need to activate the Bulk Provisioning Service under the

Serviceability > Tools > Service Activation page. Refer to Activating Bulk Provisioning Service for

more information.

8.Go to Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > Enterprise Parameters and change Auto

Registration Phone Protocol to SIP (SCCP is the default). Then restart the Cisco CallManager service.

Refer to Autoregistration with Multiple Protocol Support for more information.

Note: In order to revert back to SCCP, you need to delete the SIP phone, set Auto Registration Phone

Protocol to SCCP and then let the phone re−register as SCCP.

Hi amit,

i done the same .....using the step ny step : my previous post.

is there any need to do the 8 th step below shown..?

8.Go to Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > Enterprise Parameters and change Auto

Registration Phone Protocol to SIP (SCCP is the default). Then restart the Cisco CallManager service.

Refer to Autoregistration with Multiple Protocol Support for more information.

Thanks.....

Hi Midhun,

If you won't do step 8,then if any phones config got erased or if you perform factory reset of the phone and phone tries to download the firmware again , they will again download the SCCP firmware and tries to auto Register themselves as SCCP endpoints, If the auto registeration has been turned on and also the new phones which you plug in will auto register themselves with the protocol mentioned in this enterprise parameter.

HTH

PS: Rate if you find the info useful.

Regards,

sumit

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the update.

If the auto registration is turned OFF - for an envirimment.

I think we ca eliminate the Step 8 ...

Right.....?

Good day......

Please Update.

Hi Midhun,

If The auto registeration is turned off then you can skip.

HTH

PS:Plase Rate if you find the info useful.

Regards,

Sumit

Hello Midhun,

The step 8 will only come in handy when you have auto-registration enabled in your cluster & you wish to plug in phones & that they would accepted by the Cucm System.

I understand that we do not have Auto-Reg enabled so we can skip that step as we are just trying to move a few phones from sccp to sip.

Hope this clarifies.

Do let me know if this helps..

Do rate if you find this post useful

Regards,

Amit.

Thanks All,

Rated as Correct Answer