cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP Protocol not available for all cisco phones?

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

All our phones are currently using SCCP and have been since we have been using Call Manager.   My company has purchased some 8841s and 7841s, but I'm only seeing SIP protocols for them on 10.5.1.10000-7 of the call manager.  I'm going to make an assumbtion here that I would need to add a device default with SCCP as the protocol.  After downloading an SCCP file for this model.  These phones don't offer a file to upload to have the SCCP protocol.   Any help on how to setup a SCCP phone type for these models?  Or would it not hurt anything to run them on the SIP protocol?

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These are SIP phones. No SCCP support.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

These are SIP phones. No SCCP support.

Brandon

Sorry for being out of touch with this, so all the phones we have could support both.  But these two models only support SIP.  Can these be used on our system and what functinality would change?  My understanding is that our gateway supports SIP.

In large part there is feature parity between SIP and SCCP phones. There is no reason you cannot run both protocols. Regardless of the protocol used on your gateway you can run both protocols on CUCM. SIP/SCCP are simply the protocols used for phone signaling on the two devices.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon, I will set one up on our network and do some initial testing at the start of next week.

nothing going to be changed in terms of funcationility as CUCM can do the interoperability as it understand SIP, SCCP, etc , you can have mixed of phone which support sip and sccp there won't be any issue .

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: