HW/SW Info:

-CUCM 10.5
ip 10.0.10.77

gw 10.0.10.1

-7912 with ext 1001 and 1002

-X-Lite Softphone with ext 1011

-Cisco Softphone ext 1003

PROBLEM:
1. I can't call from any internal SCCP ext (1001-1003) to SIP extension 1011.

In other word is SCCP to SIP call problem.

I don't have problem call between internal SCCP to SCCP extension or

between SIP to SCCP extension.

Attached trace file call from SCCP ext 1003 to SIP ext 1011

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Those problems are ALWAYS CSS and partitions, FYI, it's a very poor design to NOT use partitions, you'll soon find a lot of limitations by doing that (which will then require to change a lot of things). I STRONGLY suggest you review the dial plan chapter under the SRND to understand how a dial plan works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nawir
Level 1
Level 1

My mistake

In Call Routing/Directory Number.

I need to set None to every extension Partition

Once I did that, I can call SIP phone from SCCP

thanks

Those problems are ALWAYS CSS and partitions, FYI, it's a very poor design to NOT use partitions, you'll soon find a lot of limitations by doing that (which will then require to change a lot of things). I STRONGLY suggest you review the dial plan chapter under the SRND to understand how a dial plan works.

HTH

java

Currently I set 

Call Routing/Directory Number/Extension/Partition: None

User Management/End User/user/SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space: POC-HQ-CSS-EMPLOYEES

So far so good.

My question now:

1. which will be the winner if I mistakenly set

Call Routing/Directory Number/Extension/Partition: didn't allow International Call

User Management/End User/user/SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space: allow International Call

2. which one will win if I have conflicting CSS in

Device/Phone/phone/Calling Search Space

Call Routing/Directory Number/Extension/Calling Search Space:

thanks

OK, the SUBSCRIBE CSS is NOT used for call routing, and the partitions does NOT determine who/what you can call.

So, question one, does not even makes sense, as you're asking things that do not even work together.

Q2, is answered in the SRND, I strongly suggest you to read the dial plan chapter from the SRND before further questions..

HTH

java

Nawir,

1-you dont have to use the subscribe CSS for phone calls.

Generally, the 'winner' will always be the CSS that you configured on the extension of the phone (if there is a tie)

I would strongly suggest you put the extensions/DNs in a partition.

I you are not sure about your dial plan, you can go to serviceability>Tools>Dialed number analyzer and simulate the calling and called number, this will tell you exactly which partitions/CSS get used to route the call and it makes troubleshooting so much easier

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: