Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP To SIP Migration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues migrating our SCCP phonse to SIP. After lunching the migration using Bulk Administration --> Phone --> Migrate Phone --> SCCP To SIP, all phones stay in unregistered mode. It looks like CUCM is not able to delete the SCCP and insert the SIP image. I tried resting TFTP service with no luck. I would very much appreciate if anyone could help to relove this issue.

Thanks,

MK

11 Replies 11

Have you tried to perform factory reset to one of the phones to test.

I am not on site and am not able to perform any factory reset.

I have been doing this operation almost every day,100 phones per day for the last 20 days. I have migrated about 2000 phones with no issues. Have no idea what has changed today.

Thanks,

MK

Hi,

I did not get the chance to restart the CallManager service yet but did a factory reset on one of the affected phones. A message stating UNPROVISIONED is displayed on the screen. The phone has a valid extension and it gets registered as soon as I revert back to SCCP. I pointed the phone to a different Device Pool which has a different CallManager group but no luck. This exercise determines that the issue will not be resolved by restarting the CallManager service.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

I would suggest engaging TAC at this point of time.

Manish

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MK,

You can try the steps recommended by TAC in the following post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11997776/how-convert-sip-sccp-cisco-8945-phone

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Manish,

This was the procedure that I have been using for the last 20 days and have migrated more than 2000 phones but it looks like it's not working tonight. I made sure the FW is available in the TFTP server and the service has been restared.

Thanks,

MK

Can you check if anything is different with these set of phones that are not working compared to the ones that worked, like:

Device pool / Callmanager group

Site specific, did any other phones on this site migrate successfully earlier?

Phone model / Load details, are these phones that are not working different from the ones that migrated in terms of phone model or firmware version?

If nothing works then you will need a packet capture from one of these phones when you attempt the migration and while it gets stuck on registering.

Manish

Manish,

The phones are in different floor but in the same DP and have the same CUCM group. Same phone types with the same phone loads have been migrated in differnet floors with no issue.

I was thinking of restarting the CallManager service. What do you think?

Thanks,

MK

Based on your last response that same phones are behaving differently to the same procedure i would go with a restart of callmanager service if it is possible.

Manish

Need to Schedule a Windows to restart the CallManager service . Will update the forum as soon as it's done.

Thanks,

MK

Tech_Learner
Level 1
Level 1

Check if the phones have Extension mobility enabled, If yes, then create a logout profile and add it to the phone template which you are using for the SCCP to SIP migration.

How to create create a logout profile?

It is same as the user device profile with a normal extension. (This can be a comman ext used for all other devices with EM)

Adding Logout profile to the phone template?

In the phone template configurations, scroll down to "Enable Extension Mobility option".

Select the appropriate Log out profile.

This should resolve the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: