Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP VG224 gateway in SRST can only dial max 11 digits

chandra_827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I would like to have experts view on the issue I am facing.

I have a VG224 configured as SCCP to call manager with no restricted access to dial. H323 gateways is SRST reference and when gateway is going in SRST, it cannot dial anything more than 11 digits. There is no COR configured on the SRST gateway, I can see the SCCP gateway only takes 11 digits and after 11 digit is dialed the call is sent to the SRST gateway.

I did not see such issue in past and I don't remember we need any special configuration for this.

Gateway IOS : 15.1.(3) T4, vg224-i6s-mz-151-3.T4

Please suggest. Thank you

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are these analog ports registered in SRST?

Can you provide show run from both VG224 and SRST GW?

If possible "debug voice diappeer" and "debug voice ccapi inout" from each would be helpful as well.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for checking my thread.

I am configuring the VG as SCCP and registering FXS ports to H323 gateway. I have only enabled the call manager fall back on H323 gateway.

The FXS port registers to SRST gateway and I have attached the VPM debug from VG224. Only calls that reach the H323 SRST gateway are  9XXXXXXXXXX. Rest go fast busy on the VG224 itself..

Port       Device          Device   Call          Dev     Directory   Dev Identifier Name            State    State         Type    Number      Cntl ---------- --------------- -------- ------------- ------- ----------- ----

2/0        AN7D4FAE8EA0400 IS       IDLE          ALG     37335       SRST

2/1        AN7D4FAE8EA0401 IS       IDLE          ALG                 SRST

My understanding is after gateway fxs ports register as ephone on SRST gateway, will send all the digits to SRST gateway and will match the dial - peers to route calls just like cisco ip phones. Please suggest if I am wrong. Thank you

One thing where this number destined too, i don't much config on dial-peer which can pertain this issue. one important thing when  you dialing a number which is more than 11 digit where it has to router? also do we have any router to that destination via through config (dial-peer)

can you please output of show dial-peer voice summary.

Br,
Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem,

Thank you for time. So the connectivity is VG224 (SCCP) uses normal H323 gateway with PRI's and the dialpeers for SRST.

I have only configured call manager fall back on SRST gateway to host the VG224 ports. My observations with VPM debug is whatever we dial from phone connected to FXS port during SRST, it only takes 11 digits starting 9. The SRST gateway got the 9.......... and 91.......... destination pattern. as it only takes 10 digits always after 9 (Secondary dial tone / PSTN access code) and matches always the first dial peer and when we dial anything other than local calls result in Fast busy.

My understanding is when FXS ports register as ephones in the SRST to H323, Any digits dialed should be passed to H323 gateway just like phone and match the dial peers on the H323 gateway. Please suggest if my understanding is not right. Thanks

Do you actually see the ports properly registered to the SRST GW?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the time. Yes. The FXS ports register as ephones on the SRST gateway. I have given the output from SRST gateway which shows the fxs port registration to the gateway. Please suggest. Thank you

ephone-24[23] Mac:D4FA.E8EA.0400 TCP socket:[2] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 17/17 max_streams=1 mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:8 IP:XX.XX.XX.XX * 39051 SCCP Gateway (AN)  keepalive 8789 max_line 1 available_line 1 port 2/0/0 button 1: cw:1 ccw:(0 0)   dn 1  number 37335  CM Fallback CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE Preferred Codec: g711ulaw Lpcor Type: none

Hi All,

I was always suspecting some timers to blame. I tested creating a plar for that port and I was able to reach all types of calls. So I could narrow down it has something to do with the off hook wait timers. Anyone has any experience in tweeking it ? I did tried timers digit 200 and timers hookflash_in 400 under the voice port.

This did not work. I need some experts comments here. Thank you

Hi Friends,

I lost track of this thread and forgot to update. My apologies.

Strange thing was there are two dial peers one with destination 9XXXXXXXXXX (tag 10) and destination 91XXXXXXXXXX (tag 11) though the logic of most explicit match would have been worked here.. for some reason the 11 digit calls with 91as prefix are still going to the lower tagged dial peer and causing my issue. After carefully working and looking through the logs..Got an idea to remove exclude 1 from being the next digit after 9 in tag 10 forced the call through the dialpeer with tag 11 and calls started working.

All the above dialpeer configuration was in the SRST gateway. Thank you for all your suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: