cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule a service restart on CCM 5.1.3

kt_leong23
Level 1
Level 1

I want to restart the "DHCP Monitor Service" on a schedule base rather than restart it manually.

So, i would like to know if there were any tools available could implement this task.

Thanks!

B.rgds,

Tong

6 Replies 6

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I think a good place to start would be to ask, "Why do you want to restart the service on a regular basis?"

Hi,

Becasue the ip phone could not get the ip address until the "DHCP Monitor Service" restarted manually on CUCM server.

I have check the RTMT syslog and the message show "no free lease".

The DHPC configured on CUCM server itself.

So, i just want to know if there were any way could schedule the "DHCP Monitor Service" restart on weekly base whether than restart it manually.

Thanks for any further suggestion.

B.rgds,

Tong

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Officially, no easy way to do it.

Unofficially, you may create a root account and do it from Linux shell.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

But create a root account, need to ask the TAC for password.

So, i would like to know if there were any other way could do the same thing.

Thanks!

Tong

1) The account Cisco TAC provides is not a "root" account.  It's called "remote support account", which has limited features comparing with root.

2) You don't have to ask TAC to get access to root shell.  Just google it, you'll find answers.

3) If you're not familiar with root shell, you may use some menu marco software to do it for you.

In my opinion, I would just use a router or a Windows box as DHCP server.  Why you have to use CUCM as DHCP?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I would be more concerned of actually why the DHCP leases are running out. Keep in mind CUCM built in DHCP Mon should be used on environments fewer that 1000 devices. For larger deployments you should consider an external DHCP service.

Perhaps you should be looking at increasing the IP Address range or making the lease time shorter so you would not run out rather than hammering on the service.

As a point of clarification, TAC will create a root account only with a BUG id for the version, the account will last around 30 days and the engineer will be the only one to use it.

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: