cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Search by IP address in CUCM

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I know this question has been asked before on CSC but have yet to find a valid answer or any information post CUCM 7.X.  We are running CUCM 8.6 and I would like to know the best way to search for devices by their IP address.  I know its not easily searchable in CUCM administration but is there a report we could run to get this information?  Basically I would like to do a search in CUCM and find all phones registered on the 10.1.X.X voice subnet.  Any ideas?? Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can get this report from RTMT:

- Navigate to Call Manager > Device > Device Search > Open Device Search > Phone.

- Select Device with Status Registered > Any Call Manager

- Select Device with download status Any Status

- Select Device Protocol Any & Model Any Model

- Select Search with IP Subnet 10.1.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0

- Select the attributes which you want to display in the results (leave it to default if you want)

- Hit Finish.

You can tune your search the way you want.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

HI Jason,

Given the real-time nature of the phone status/ip address there is no easy way to do it. Technically the information you are looking for is in the RISDB.

However I suggest you download PhoneView from UnifiedFX and obtain a license key for the Free Inventory Edition. It will gather lots of information about your IP phones, including their IP Address and Registration status, from there you can export the data to Excel and search by IP Address etc.

http://www.unifiedfx.com/phoneview-inventory/

Kind Regards.

Stephen Welsh

Stephen:

Thanks for the information I may give that a try as well.  What I ended up doing that worked for me was to do a search for all devices and the most cisco will allow you to search for is 250 rows per page.  I am then able to change that number to 500 or 1000 to get my page results down and then copy them to excel and do a sort and search within excel.  I did not do this during high call volumes due to searching anymore than 250 would use more resources/server overhead.

Hi,

You can get this report from RTMT:

- Navigate to Call Manager > Device > Device Search > Open Device Search > Phone.

- Select Device with Status Registered > Any Call Manager

- Select Device with download status Any Status

- Select Device Protocol Any & Model Any Model

- Select Search with IP Subnet 10.1.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0

- Select the attributes which you want to display in the results (leave it to default if you want)

- Hit Finish.

You can tune your search the way you want.

Mohammed:

Nice information worked like a charm, thanks for the help!!

Thanks for the info (+5)

Trisha Vasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: