Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Search for MWIs on Unity 10.5

I have a phone that has a MWI and we aren't sure what voicemail box it is tied to. Is there a way in Unity to search for all mailboxes that have MWIs set up? Or is there a way to look at MWIs that are configured for a specific extension?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, shoot.

When you reset the MWI status in CUC, does the light turn off? If so, I take it that it turns on again?

(Did you check the CUC Serviceability report, by the way? What did it show, if anything?)

If there are no additional extensions listed in the user's mailbox configuration, and no other mailbox has that user's extension listed in their MWI, and you have the user set to Relay (as opposed to Accept and Relay), then there is zero reason for the light to ever go on. You are now in 'weirdness' territory.

I would say that you will need to turn the light off. Then wait for it to go on again and look at the trace files to see why. I don't have any other ideas on what would turn it on.

Maren

(Unless you are using a SCCP integration and someone knows the code and is playing a prank on the user.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

In Unity Connection, go to the users account and select "MWI" from the menu. That should show the list of numbers that will activate MWI for that account and also what the current status of MWI should be for that account.

In the reports in CUC Serviceability, there is one "User Phone Login and MWI" that *may* show what you are looking for. It should show MWI dialout for an account and the source of the dialout. I'm not 100% sure, though.

If neither of those show what you are looking for, post again and we'll figure it out.

Maren

Unfortunately that didn't find what I was looking for. My current issue is I have a phone that shows there is a message waiting. But in Unity for that extension there is no message (most clients are set up to relay voicemails to email). So there is another mailbox somewhere on Unity that has this phone's extension set up in it's MWI configuration and I can't track it down easily. So that is what I'm hoping to find.

And the report in CUC Serviceability didn't show it either? Hmmm....

There may be an SQL query that can pull the information you are looking for, but I don't have an idea of what that might be.

My other thought would be the User Data Dump utility on ciscounitytools.com. That can extract pretty much anything you want out of CUC.

Maren

The User Data Dump utility was extremely helpful. I was able to download all of our mailbox data and have it show MWIs for each mailbox but unfortunately the extension I'm looking for isn't assigned to any of them. So I'm back to the drawing board. What else would cause the voicemail indicator to turn on? I double and triple checked that specific extension's mailbox to make sure it was set to only relay to email and not accept and relay.

Well, shoot.

When you reset the MWI status in CUC, does the light turn off? If so, I take it that it turns on again?

(Did you check the CUC Serviceability report, by the way? What did it show, if anything?)

If there are no additional extensions listed in the user's mailbox configuration, and no other mailbox has that user's extension listed in their MWI, and you have the user set to Relay (as opposed to Accept and Relay), then there is zero reason for the light to ever go on. You are now in 'weirdness' territory.

I would say that you will need to turn the light off. Then wait for it to go on again and look at the trace files to see why. I don't have any other ideas on what would turn it on.

Maren

(Unless you are using a SCCP integration and someone knows the code and is playing a prank on the user.)

I forced all MWIs off for my phone system then synchronized them again and the indicator on the trouble phone has gone out. So it appears to me it may have been a gremlin of some sort. It was driving me nuts! Thank you for your help!

I'm glad you got it worked out.

For future reference, if you want to sync a single user's MWI you can do that on the MWI screen in their user account. Check the box for the extension in question and then "Synchronize" (or something close to that, I don't have a CUC in front of me at the moment.)

Excellent!

Maren