Helpful
Replies

Second call comes in...

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi UC experts,

a hard one:

When u are off-hook and a second call comes in normally your Cisco IP phone automatically highlights the second incoming call. To transfer the first call or to set it on hold you have to manually highlight it by pressing the up arrow.

Normally its not a big deal but we have very busy secretaries how are complaining about this behavior. They want the first call to keep being highlighted.

Now my question is how to do this?

Maybe an enterprise parameter?

Regards

Moe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moe,

Try changing the System setting Auto-Line Select. With this Enabled the Display Focus (and Softkeys) always switch to the new incoming call. So if disabled the focus will stay on Call #1.

Also available on an individual phone via this setting;

Device>Phone>Phone Configuration>Product Specific Configuration>Auto Line Select>Disabled

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Moe,

Try changing the System setting Auto-Line Select. With this Enabled the Display Focus (and Softkeys) always switch to the new incoming call. So if disabled the focus will stay on Call #1.

Also available on an individual phone via this setting;

Device>Phone>Phone Configuration>Product Specific Configuration>Auto Line Select>Disabled

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

great, thank you very much. In my case it was acutally the "Auto-Call select" option, which had an impact on the second incomming call but your comment lead me to the right direction.

Thank you ver much.

Moe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: