cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Dial Tone CER

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I am having an issue with CER.Customer wants to dial  911 not 9.911. For all other calls the need to dial "9". The way it is know you dial "9" and no dial tone . The   Calls are going out but customer wants secondary dial tone after you dial "9"

Any Ideas          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Mike

In systems where the external access code is 9, a CTI Route Point of 911 or 9.911 may interfere with the timing of secondary dialtone for users when they are attempting to dial external destinations.

Ensure that you have a translation pattern for 911 and 9.911, if yes the creation of translattion pattern will eliminate the secondary dialtone timing.

Look into Creating the Translation Patterns for 9.911 also Creating Alternate Emergency Call Numbers.

I hope this help

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Mike

In systems where the external access code is 9, a CTI Route Point of 911 or 9.911 may interfere with the timing of secondary dialtone for users when they are attempting to dial external destinations.

Ensure that you have a translation pattern for 911 and 9.911, if yes the creation of translattion pattern will eliminate the secondary dialtone timing.

Look into Creating the Translation Patterns for 9.911 also Creating Alternate Emergency Call Numbers.

I hope this help

Please remember to rate helpful  responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Bruno , Thanks for the Reply. I did do that the only think that can dial the 911 Route Point is the 911 translation pattern.

For some reason I still do ont have dial tone after the 9.

I am going to dump the route patterns and translation patterns and check. I must have another device, pattern or something that is hurting me.

Your answer was correct though

Hey Mike thanks for your Feedback!!  Good Luck dude!

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: