Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary dial tone not playing after presing 9 on CUCM8.6

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

On a CUCM 8.6, the secondary dial tone is not playing adfter pressing 9 for outside calls. For example, if the caller wants to call number 7879999999, the caller press 9, then 7 and that is when the secondary dial tone start playing. I checked all Route patterns and Translation patterns and there is none that starts with 9. Also VM ports, directory numbers are not in conflict with 9. Where else should I verify config?

Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that is your issue, you need to change it to something other than starting with 9 as you cannot provide outside dial tone on pickup DN.

HTH, please rata all helpful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ensure all route patterns/translation patterns starting with 9 have "provide outside dial tone" check box checked.

Chris

Hello guys and thanks for your replies. I checked Provide outside dial tone on all Route Patterns starting with 9., verified Translation Patterns, Directrory Numbers, Voice Mail Ports and Voice Mail Pilot and none start with 9. But still only get the secondary dial tone after presssing 9 and the next digit. Below are the Route Patterns:

3XXX

8.2XXX

8.3XXX

8.4XXX

8.9@

9.011XXXXXXXXXX

9.1787XXXXXXX

9.18XXXXXXXXX

9.1939XXXXXXX

9.1XXXXXXXXXX

9.4XXX

9.787XXXXXXX

9.939XXXXXXX

3XXX

8.2XXX

8.3XXX

8.4XXX

8.9@

9.011XXXXXXXXXX

9.1787XXXXXXX

9.18XXXXXXXXX

9.1939XXXXXXX

9.1XXXXXXXXXX

9.4XXX

9.787XXXXXXX

9.939XXXXXXX

What else should i checked? Thanks in advanced!

Make sure you do not have any numbers/patters/etc starting with X for example, i.e. XXXX, or ranges that might include 9, i.e. [2-9]XXX. Then ensure every single one that patterns that includes 9 has provide outside dial tone checked.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris and thanks for replying. I've checked numbers/patterns/etc starting with X and there was one DN XXXX. I deleted it. Also, checked for ranges. Double checked patterns that start with 9 to have provide outside dial tone enabled but still with no success. Secondary dial tone only plays right after the second digit after 9. What else to check? Thanks again for your patience!

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

kindly check the "provide outside dial tone" under the route pattern.

the secondary dial tone it just change the tone, it didn't make sure that you have pstn line like the old PBX

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Anas,

Not to sound mean, but do you read other replies?  This is a second reply today where you are being redundant...

Chris

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot just review TPs, RPs, VM ports and DNs, and not just search for whatever starts with 9.

If you have ANYTHING else in the dial plan configured with either 9 or regex / wildcards that include 9, that can also cause that issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nephtali,

1. What does "Dialled Number Analyzer" (That is present in Serviceability > Tools) is showing.

Verify that it is taking desired Path . Check all the pattern's it is going through and verify for configuration.

This will rule out the possibility that call is taking wrong pattern.

2. Try a new Pattern starting with 5 (coz you know no other pattern start with 5) Try whether you are getting a dial tone after dialling 5 or a number after 5 ? .

If dial Tone is coming after 5.

Something wrong with your Pattern

If dial Tone coming after a digit after 5

Try making pattern like 57.XXXX

check when dial tone is coming .

Kindly revert.

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

Hello Aman;

Call is taking correct pattern. I created a new test route pattern starting with 6.XXXX and checked to provide outside dial tone. But same resilt. Secondary dial tone only plays right after the second digit after the 6 in this case.

Thanks again!

Just read the following on a Cisco Document :

When you configure for a secondary dial tone, remember that you do           not hear the dial tone until the Route Pattern is unambiguous. The . has nothing to do with the secondary dial           tone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800949f0.shtml#flow

How can Route Patterns be configured unambiguous if there are going to be a lot of the starting with 9. For example, here we have to area codes, 787 and 939. So I configured twho route patterns 9.787XXXXXXX and 9.939XXXXXXX. In this case, then secondary dial tone will come alive only after pressing the seconfd 9 or the 7? Then it will never be alive after pressing the the first 9. Please, correct me if I am wrong guys! Thanks again!

I Verified practically checking,

I think even DNs should not match.

It must be unambiguous, logically also it will be wrong to get a dialtone if im trying to reach some other location where dial tone should not be there.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Only your patters starting with 9 should have it checked, otherwise you are creating overlap.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Chris;

Yes, only the route patterns that start with 9. have the provide ouside dial tone checked. Nothing else has in this CUCM, but still secondary dial tone comes alive only after pressing the digit that comes after the 9.