cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

security password is different from the one used for backup or the encrypted password has been tampered with . Restore will halt

Hello  

I have a problem to do a restore on a CUCMBE version 10.5.  in a virtualized environment.

Upon restore me send your message "security password is different from the one used for backup or the encrypted password has-been tampered With. Restore will halt"

And attempt to reset the password security with the procedure pwrecosery
pwreset

s choice

But is sending the same error.

5 Replies 5

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

You have to change the security password on the system you want to discard to make it match the security password that was used on the backup:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/65041/how-reset-passwords-cucm

I just hope you remember the security password from the backup because thats the backup's encryption key.

thak you
But that the problem does not know the password

Well, unfortunately, you are doomed.

Here's a quote from this page:

Note Be aware that your backup .tar files are encrypted by a randomly generated password. This password is then encrypted by using the cluster security password and gets saved along with the backup .tar files. You must remember this security password or take a backup immediately after the security password change/reset.

Shawm thanks.

The problem that I have been following a change tajeta LSI in the UCSC-220, after which the service DB not raise the TAC asked us to perform various procedures, but never managed to lift the service DB and at both the virtual machine of CUCM.

TAC asked to create a new virtual mauina to CUCM and on that do the restore from a backup that had the first CUCM nates of failure.

With this background prodecimiento to restore the wizard you think that works?

I don't think you're getting this, there is NO way to change the pwd of the backup.

The pwreset procedure you're trying WILL NOT WORK, because that will only affect the system on which you use it, AND THE NEW BACKUPS YOU TAKE ON THAT SYSTEM.

If you don't know the pwd that was used IN THE OLD SYSTEM from which that backup was taken, there is absolutely nothing to do, no procedure to recover that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: