Views
Helpful
Replies

Self Provisioning IVR

Ben Skinner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Looking to use Self Provisioning IVR for some events. I need to be able to use self provisioning over and over again as these phones will have different numbers for different events.

I am unable to use extension mobility as these are 3905 phones.

Know of any ways to get this going?

Cheers

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is exactly your problem??

You can adjust the self-provisioning config as required, and just delete the devices, have them auto-register again, then call the IVR and that's it.

Yes, the 3905 does not support EM, but I fail to see the connection between what you're trying to do, and that statement.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The problem I would like to solve is. We currently have a pool of phones that go out on to the floor for Expo's, Conferences and the like.

I am unable to give the phone a number until the day before the event, I would like enable our low level staff to dial a number, enter the desired extension and phone will reset with that extension.

The phone may be used for a day, a few days or weeks. I want to remove as much as the manual work as possible (Removing phone and letting them auto reg again - to be placed in the "pool" again)

If I could use Self Provisioning IVR, our staff could just constantly re-assign the phone to the number that is needed with out any intervention from IT.

My other option is to run a script each night and clean them all up and re-assign phones each morning.

Or a software solution might be the way if any one has any recommendations. 

OK, that can work, but it would also require a good amount of work, as self-provisioning is meant to give you the best experience on a greenfield deployment, or for new users.

You'll sync your users from LDAP, automatically create the line for each user, and associate it with the user, and then just give the user a phone, have them plug it in, let it auto-register, and then the user dials the IVR and enter their self-service ID.

I have not tried using self-provisioning with a phone that already has a config, I'd believe that would work, not sure if the fact it should already have a userID associated might prevent it from working, or not changing it.

Now, for what you want, this would assume you would need to create the new line for every phone you want to use with self-provisioning, and also assign it to the user as their primary extension.

If they're going to be local users, you can use the quick user/phone add, or if they're LDAP, you can create the user with just the basic settings, and the line, and sync them to CUCM.

But you'd be forced to create the new lines, and associate each one to the relevant user.

Depending on how often you do this, you might want to have a really huge auto-reg pool to avoid having to keep track of which is the next DN and avoid running out.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

+5 Jaimie

Just as a side note, whenever you use the Self Provisioning IVR with a phone that already has a DN (Auto Reg DN or any other), the new DN will replace the old DN, AND, the old DN will also be deleted from CUCM.

This is fine when using auto reg DNs, but be careful when the phone has a production DN on it.

FG

the new DN will replace the old DN, AND, the old DN will also be deleted from CUCM.

That will be a problem. Looks like I'll take a look at the TAPS option.

Thanks all for your help.

I am unable to give the phone a number until the day before the event, I would like enable our low level staff to dial a number, enter the desired extension and phone will reset with that extension.

If you have UCCX there then you can use TAPS to achieve this. Refer below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/116817-configure-product-00.html

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: