cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send a caller directly into an employee mailbox

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

As long as I've supported the systems I never bothered to do this, nor have I ever been asked.

How does one send a caller from a current call directly into another employees vm byepassing the employees phone ringing? Such is the case of an admin handling calls for the business?

Thanks to all in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ross,

In this example your associate would transfer>*star3289>transfer. This would then go straight to the 3289 mailbox.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/26862-transfer-voicemail.html

Refer to below thread with a same kind of requirement:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12960011/can-i-transfer-calls-users-voicemail

Regards

Deepak

Thank you gents, appears you both responded simultaneously.

Maybe I'm confused, isn't "Transfer>[agent DN]>Transfer:" a cold transfer? Won't their phone ring?

Yeah it looks like that me and Rob responded simultaneously :) Once you will hit Transfer then you will dial *XXXX where XXXX is the extension number and not simply XXXX

Regards

Deepak

Ha ha, no I know xxxx is the extension.

Ok, If I'm on a call and the caller says they want to be transferred to Bob Smith, and I know Bob doesn't want and calls, if I hit transfer>3564>transfer won't that ring his phone and send a cold call to him? I know if I hit transfer>3564> and wait for him to pick up I can advise the call is being transferred then hit transfer again to give it to him.

No?

Yes, Ross.

Former is known as blind transfer (Transfer>Extension>Transfer) and later is consult transfer (Transfer>extension>Call answered>transfer)

Sami

We've always called it warm and cold. Either or I guess.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

Most people use the steps in this good "old" TechNote to set up the config for transferring directly to voicemail using Transfer>*xxxx (where xxxx is the users extension)>Transfer;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/26862-transfer-voicemail.html

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

No worries my friend! With the config detailed in the Tech note you actually transfer to *xxxx not just xxxx and by doing this it goes straight to the users mailbox without ringing the phone. Really a great feature for admins :)

Cheers!

Rob

I just tested with my associate. I called him, he picked up, I told him to hit transfer>3289>transfer

3289 is the person who sits behind me. It rang her phone until RNA then went to vm.

Hi Ross,

In this example your associate would transfer>*star3289>transfer. This would then go straight to the 3289 mailbox.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: