cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send audio to 2 fxo ports at the same time

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

We are replacing a Mitel PBX at one of our sites with call manager and a 2951 router as an MGCP gateway.  They have seperate paging amps and Bogen TAM-B units for upstairs and downstairs paging.  I have paging working using FXO ports configured for loop start and a route pattern to each port.  So I can page upstairs or downstairs by dialing the desired route pattern - in my case 71 for downstairs and 72 for upstairs.  Is there a way to page both upstairs and downstairs at the same time?  Kind of like a hunt group with the distribution algorithm set to broadcast.  I know we can get different hardware and use tones to do it but just wondering if it can be done with existing hardware.  Apparently the Mitel system could do it.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not with CUCM alone as it has no one-to-many call processing ability. You can utilize a third-party paging product (e.g. SynApps SA-Announce) to do this.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Call the two numbers in conference. Once both have joined, voice will be sent to both ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: