cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send call to IP phone and FXS port

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to route a call to both an internal ip phone registered with call manager and also ring an analog phone attached to an FXS port with the same extension? I am talking SIP from call manager to the gateway if that makes a difference. Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would give SNR a try for this, it should work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I should also mention that the SIP trunk that the call is coming in on is not the same SIP trunk that the FXS port is on.

It would be an easy feat to achieve if the FXS port was SCCP controlled instead of a SIP trunk between the CM and the gateway where the FXS port resides. With that it would just be the matter of configure a shared line. With SIP I can not straight up think of how to achieve this.

Response Signature

That's what I was afraid of. I may just end up putting in a wireless phone such as the 8821. This is a garage environment and they move around. Yes, I have jabber on their cellphone but when their hands are greasy they don't want to touch that phone, lol.

Is there any specific reason for why you can’t setup the ports to be controlled by SCCP?

Response Signature

Good question. This is a 2911 gateway that I have setup as a SIP trunk currently for the FXS and T1 interfaces. Is it possible to have one or all of the FXS ports register as SCCP and use the SIP connection for the PRI?

What I understood, you have a call manager with a sip VG  2911 which has T1 and fxs ports. And you are planning to configure   shared line for  a device configured in CUCM and FXS port. 

On CUCM register the FXS port  as SCCP and configure the same extension which you configured for deskphone. You can configure multiple protocols on same gateway. So your FXS port will be working on SCCP and T1 calls will be router using SIP trunk you make between CUCM and VG.

Response Signature

Yes that’s possible. We have this setup at many of our locations. I’ll provide you with a bit more details once I get in front of a computer.

Response Signature

Something like this should do the trick for you with a SCCP controlled FXS port.

stcapp ccm-group 10
stcapp

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0
sccp ccm 10.64.160.32 identifier 2 version 7.0 
sccp ccm 10.64.160.33 identifier 3 version 7.0 
sccp ccm 10.64.160.34 identifier 4 version 7.0 
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 10
 bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 associate ccm 2 priority 1
 associate ccm 3 priority 2
 associate ccm 4 priority 3
 switchback method graceful
!
voice-port 0/0/0
 cptone SE
 timeouts ringing infinity
!
dial-peer voice 500 pots
 no tone dialtone remote-onhook
 service stcapp
 port 0/0/0

In CM you would configure it as a gateway under Device > Gateway and select SCCP as the protocol when you create it. See below picture for reference.

image.png

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would give SNR a try for this, it should work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Didn't think of that. That's what I like about multiple ways of getting things done with CM. So I just need to create a route pattern in CM to the FXS port with a different extension and then use this in SNR? I then could set the calling station on the FXS port to match the outbound caller id on the original DN?

Smart thinking there Java (+5)

Response Signature