cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send inbound calls to an outbound destination

CiscoDOJones
Level 1
Level 1

One of our sites has requested a fairly simple Auto Attendant.   1 for sales, 2 for finance 3 for warehouse etc etc.

Warehouse are not always by the phone and so have a mobile (GSM) phone.   Getting calls from an external number to this mobile fails to work.   I believe this is down to restrictions in place on Callmanger to prevent toll Fraud  or do I have some incorrect Partition / CSS, that I am missing ?

My process or set-up

External number --> CTI Route point --> forward to Unity Voicemail -->  System Call Handlers deal with the proess -->  Caller input, "Transfer to Alternate Contact number"  i.e. a site based DN.    When owner of the line is away from his desk he sets ForwardAll to his mobile. 

He does receive calls on his mobile, if his DN is called from Exteranal, but not via the Auto Attendant.

If this is correct and should not work like this, Is there a way around this without disabling security services.

regards

Dave

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the Default Transfer Restriction tables allows transfer to external numbers and that the call handler greeting tab has "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" checked. Also here is a doc for troubleshooting this problem.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/117559-probsol-transferfailure-00.html

Brandon