cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Random Phone Number Mask

matthubach
Level 1
Level 1

Would anyone happen to know how to send random phone number masks on outbound calls?

We own 6 different DID's from our telco. We have changed their Caller ID Name to "unkn". I'd like to somehow randomly assign one of these 6 numbers to outbound calls.

They're routing out SIP T's. I originally thought I could do this via CCM, but I can't find a way. Now I am thinking dial-peers. There are only a few phones that will have the ability to do this. It's law enforcement related.

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No native way to do what you're asking, and it's impossible in CUCM, your only option would be to develop a TCL script to do that and do the ANI change in the GW.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It's possible with CUCM using CURRI (https://developer.cisco.com/site/curri/overview/).

Thank you both! Never worked with TCL scripting before...I'll take a look at it.

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jaime is correct no native way in CUCM to do that. You can try to use the translation-rules on the gateway. Some thing similar to below:

1) Crate translation rules and map DID mask:

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 // /12345/               <<< DID 1
voice translation-rule 2
 rule 1 // /56789/              <<< DID 2
voice translation-rule 3
 rule 1 // /0123/                  <<< DID 3

2) Create Translation-profiles, translating the calling number to above DIDs

voice translation-profile CLID-1
 translate calling 1
voice translation-profile CLID-2
 translate calling 2
voice translation-profile CLID-3
 translate calling 3

3) Apply to dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
 translation-profile outgoing CLID-1
dial-peer voice 2 voip
 translation-profile outgoing CLID-2
dial-peer voice 3 voip
 translation-profile outgoing CLID-3

The dial-peers should have same destination-pattern and (same preference which is default) should be picked up randomly.

-Terry

Thanks for the insightful way Terry (+5), and just adding to Terry's point.

If your Outgoing dial-peers are exactly same, you can make it Random Selection by the following command:

dial-peer hunt 6  (6 = random selection) by default it is 0 (longest match)

For more details please follow the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_d1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1100737

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: