cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending a 'flash' to a door bell

sjohnston
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy, all; I've got a door bell config'd as an analog that via PLAR rings a DN on an IP phone. When answered, the door bell is expecting a flash to open the door. I'd hoped to find a flash softkey option, but that would have been too easy. Is there a feature code that I can program into a speed dial key that would do the trick? Thanks much...Steve

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

first things first...

to what exactly is the device connected ?

do you use cme, cm, or which version ?

which protocol do you use ?

Sorry, we're on CM 7.1; the analog port is on a VIC-4FXS-SCCP card in a Cisco 2821 gateway. All phones are SCCP. Thanks...Steve

Are you sure the device wants hookflash and not a digit ?

Hookflash is always sent from phone instrument to CO, in your case device is the instrument, and FXS is CO.

This is the info I rec'd from the doorbell provider:

The PO-5 can be put in a line position or in a extension position if you are using a phone systen (PBX).

It will ring in a extension that was configured.

It will ring in this way if the po-5 is in a line position, and then, the attendant have to attend it and press flash to open.

If it is in a extension position, will ring in this extension.

I inherited it from a Siemens Hicom 150; a feature code *61 was used; I tried sending the same via a speed dial button upon answering the PLAR call from the doorbell, but it didn't have an impact.

Steve

It will ring in this way if the po-5 is in a line position, and then, the attendant have to attend it and press flash to open.

Thing is, when connected to FXS, the device is "extension position", it cannot receive flash.

So you have to figure out if it is configured correctly and which digits are to be sent.

OK, thanks much...Steve

No problem, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: