cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending calls to voicemail

Grayson Wells
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an easy question that I thought I knew the answer to. Where do you configure CUCM to send calls to voicemail after a certain number of rings. Under the directory number of each phone you can easily check the voicemail checkbox to send calls to voicemail, but where is the configuration that determines how many rings constitutes you not answering the call? Under service parameters (Clusterwide Parameters (Feature-Forward)), you can configure the forward no answer timer, which sounds like it is what I want. However, that is set to 12 and the calls are being forwarded to voicemail after two rings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

That is the correct Timer

You'll need to look under the specified phone Device > DN > Page to make sure

this hasn't been set @ the Line level which will override the System-wide setting.

No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

Used in conjunction with Call Forward No Answer Destination, this field sets the timer for how long the phone will ring before it gets forwarded. Leave this setting blank to use the value that is set in the Cisco CallManager service parameter, Forward No Answer Timer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03dn.html#wp1245287

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

That is the correct Timer

You'll need to look under the specified phone Device > DN > Page to make sure

this hasn't been set @ the Line level which will override the System-wide setting.

No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

Used in conjunction with Call Forward No Answer Destination, this field sets the timer for how long the phone will ring before it gets forwarded. Leave this setting blank to use the value that is set in the Cisco CallManager service parameter, Forward No Answer Timer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03dn.html#wp1245287

Yeah that setting in the DN is blank, and the service parameter is set to 12... but the phones forward to voicemail after two rings.

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

It sounds like you're looking for the "Forward No Answer Timer" under "Cisco CallManager" service parameters.  The timer is in seconds, not rings.  Typically I raise this timer up to 18 seconds when deploying new clusters.

Good to know that it is in seconds and not rings, I was wondering about that. But there has to be something that is overriding that setting because the directory number is set to use the service parameter which is set to 12 seconds, but it gets forwarded after 2 rings.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Robert,

As this is a clusterwide parameter, any change that you make affects all the phones.

**Reset the phones in order for the changes to take effect**

Did you reset this test phone?

Cheers!

Rob

Yeah, I set a test phone to 18 seconds in the directory number config page. That made it ring 5 times which isn't 18 seconds, but it is long enough. I am just glad I know for sure what setting to configure, but it just seems like if it is set to 12 it should ring for 12 seconds, but it doesn't, and that is the way it has been configured since we built the VoIP system, and it has always gone to voicemail after two rings when the clusterwide parameter says 12 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: