cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service advertisement framwork commands do not work on Cisco 3925 Router

handermanntr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 3925 router running 15.2(4)M7 IOS, with ipbase, security, uck9, and data licenses, and when I attempt to configure SAF, none of the external-client configuration commands show up or work when applied. Can anyone tell me what I am missing.

For example here is the available commands in global config. service-family external-client should show up here:

RTR(config)#service?
service  service-routing

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Great question!

The syntax for SAF configuration changed for the ISRG2. The external-client commands are for the older platforms. You will need to use the service-family and xmcp based SAF config.

Can you try using the following commands?

router eigrp SAF
 service-family ipv4 autonomous-system 100
 sf-interface lo0
  hello-interval 10
  no split-horizon
  exit
 topology base
 exit-sf-topology
exit-service-family
!
service-routing xmcp listen ipv4 port 5050
client username admin password PASS123
domain 1 only

I just have to know, out of curiosity, are you using SAF in production? Or this is just for study purposes?

Hopefully this helps!

- Jon

Thanks, those commands work, but where do I set the client-label? My CUCM is not able to connect because there is no client label given in any of these commands. Also, it is for study/lab purposes. Thanks!

Also, is there any new documentation on this setup? I can only find documentation referencing the old commands. Thanks!

I was finally able to get it working on an older router. For the record, is there any way to see the learned patterns on CUCM? The calls are working, and the advertisements show up int the router, but not in CUCMs route plan report.

Hi There,

For future reference, here is the ISR G2 documentation link for SAF.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/saf/configuration/15-mt/saf-15-mt-book.html

Learned SAF patterns will not display in route plan report, you have to review them in RTMT.
RTMT > CallManager > Learned Pattern

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: