Views
Helpful
Replies

service dnis dir-lookup when calling outside

Pawel Lenart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running small CUCME network and directory lookup is working correctly for internal phonecalls (using service dnis dir-lookup) but when I open my directory and dial outside number this feature is not working. I can't do directory lookup on incoming phonecalls either.

I know that UC520 (out of the box) can do this without any problem (on local directory) so there is a piece of configuration that I'm missing in my system (I'm guessing it's one of dial-peers or translation rules) but I can't see which one and out of the box UC have a lot of dial peers and a lot of configuration to go through so I'm wondering if someone knows on top of his head which part of configuration I'm missing?

Second question: Is this (directory lookup (similar to dnis dir-lookup) for external numbers) going to work with external (xml) directory or just local CUCME directory?

Regards,

Pawel

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For incoming calls If the received number, after port-level translation, does not exactly match a number in directory, no name will display. For outgoing, it could even be the same.

CME will only look name in the local directory. To have it look into other directoris, you can use a script like my "number to name", available on the website mentioned in my profile.

Hi Paolo,

Do you know which translation rule / dial peer I should use? Maybe some example?

Regards,

Pawel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: