Services Button does not send 'Get' message to server
This is a weird one!
Last night one of our distribution switches failed and was replaced. We have a Call Manager Cluster running 6.1.3 with around 5000 IP phones with 1 Publisher, 7 Subscribers and 2 TFTP Servers. (Split over 2 Data Centres).
Most phones / users use extension mobility and this morning when many user tried to log on, when pressing the 'Services' button on their phones, only brought up a blank screen with no Services shown.
I can't say what was lost last night, but the remote data centre might not have been available, so that many devices might have tried to re-register to the main data centre, and one of the TFTP servers might have been available. This is supposition!
The problem can easily be resolved either by resetting the phone; either by **#**, or from CCM Admin or by unpluging / replugging the lead to the phone.
The problem was not tied down to any particular CM-Group or Device Pool, so we took 2 phones - 1 OK, 1 NOTOK and this is what we found.
Both phones are registered
Both phones have their config files.
The services URL is on both phones.
Both phones are connected to the same access switch & same blade.
Web access to each phone shows no difference in any settings - (Apart from MAC address, IP address etc.)
The only thing different is that in the 'Status' log, the 'bad' phone shows 'DHCP Timeout'
We took a 'Sniffer' trace from the 'good' phone and we can see the URL 'Get' request when we press the Services Button', but when we take a Sniffer trace from the 'Bad' phone, when we press the 'Services Button, no URL ' Get' request is sent from the phone.
It is almost if the phone is stuck in a process cycle. You can make calls on it normally and 'Messages', 'Directories' and 'Settings' button all work fine.
We also use an application called 'Remote Phone' which allows us to connect to an Ip Phone which alows us to see the phone in a GUI and control it remotely, but that will not connect to a 'bad' phone until it is reset, so again it seems like the phone doesn't want to respond.
The phones affected seem to be 7940s and 7960s. We haven't seen this issue on any 7912s. (Yet).
App load is P00308000900
Boot Load ID is PC0303010200
I've check CCO and cannot find any bugs or any thing related.
I guess this may have been a one off event and we can reset the phones to fix it, but would like to know if anyone has experienced anything liek this before.
HiA couple of months ago we have been observing that the audio of the recordings is incomplete. For example, the dashboard shows that there is a recording of 2:30 and when you open the audio to play it there is only 1:30. This behavior is intermittent and...
Hello, It seems if I use BAT to export all phones from a particular CSS I don't get any information on 796x phones that shows how many DNs are configured on that phone. I only see line 1. Am I missing something? CM 10.5 &...
Hi,Nous rencontrons un probleme d'audio sur les appels depuis jabber mobile et specialement vers des ponts de conferences. l'utilisateur nous signal que l'audio se coupe au milieu de l'appels.en attendant de reproduire le prob et d'avoir plus d...
Hello, When calling outside, the codec is sent to g729. So, if you proceed with a conference call, the call fails. In Voice Gateway, the codec was set to g.711. However, if it is sent to the outside, it is sent to g.729 and the c...
Good afternoon, I have a Cisco IP PHone 8851 with PID: CP-8851-K9 V01 with firmware 12.1.1. I was under that impression that this phone requires MPP firmware to work with third party sip provider such as voip.ms, telzio etc. Can someone advise if wit...