cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up auto forwarding from 1 main line to 2 numbers

KP-Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help with something. I have an existing Main line (ext 1000). I was tasked with creating an Auto-Attendant that only becomes active after 5 pm. 

During the day (8am to 5pm), the line will go to ext 2000, after 5 pm until 8 am, the line will go to our Auto Attendant (ext 3000). 

Ext 1000, is an number that is assigned to a hand phone. My question is, how can I have an extension auto-forward from one line to another based on the time of day? Is this something only done in TOD? Do I have to delete the main number and start over? Can I do a new System Call Handler with an existing number?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you need a phone to ring then you can do what you want with ToD, if the call flow goes first to CUC, then you could use schedules.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I think that is where I am getting stuck at. I created the ToD schedule in my CUC, but I cant create a new system handler with an existing number. Where can you add the ToD to an existing number? 

You don't, you're transferring your ToD theory over to CUC and that's now how it works.

You configure your standard greeting and whatever calling behavior you want, that's your open hours. 

You configure your closed greeting and whatever calling behavior you want, that's your closed hours.

In CUCM ToD DOES depend on having the same DN on different partitions for it to work, that's not applicable in CUC.

In CUC you can create call handlers without any DN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

If the AA is just ringing phones I'd do it in CUCM with Time of Day Routing, since you'll need CUCM configuration either way.  So if I understand correctly you had an extension 1000 which received incoming calls via some unspecified call routing.  Now you want that to route to either 2000 or 3000 depending on time of day.  Something like ...

Translation pattern 1000 pointing to 2000, in partition visible only during office hours

Translation pattern 1000 pointing to 3000, in partition visible only outside office hours

It's difficult to give more detail without knowing how your existing (or previous) call routing is configured, specifically how the external number gets routed to 1000 in the first place.