cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the number of rings before getting auto attendant/IVR

rahul14
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to keep the number of rings to1 prior to connecting to auto attendant/IVR when incoming call is made from PSTN? Using CUCM/Unity Connection 9.1.X? As it is now it is intermittent...sometimes 1 ring and then other times it goes up to 5 or 6 rings. It was working ok before so I'm not sure what cause the change.

4 Replies 4

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

If you are routing to an IVR\AA\Call Handler why not just build a CTI RP and CFA to it so it hits the menu right away?

Thanks for the response Andrew. Based on checks there are existing CTI RP devices for the different call handlers. However I notice all the CTI Route Points are registered except the one for the opening greeting AA. It is indicating unknown for status and IP address. Any idea on how to re-register this CTI RP.

It is normal for a Route Point not to appear as registered on CUCM, if it is not controlled by a CTI application (i.e. UCCX). All other Route Points, that appear as registered, go to CUC?

How are calls coming into CUCM from CUCM? From a SIP/H.323 trunk?

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Ok noted. The other Route Points go to Contact Centre Express.

External calls from one service provide come in via SIP trunk while other provider is T1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: