cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup Call Forwarding via a List/Speed Dial/Personal Directory?

DaveJ006
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 9.1, 8945 phone.

I need to setup a functional phone that the Operators can Forward easily to a list of options (about a 12ish).

I was looking at a Speed Dial list - I have this setup, added some test entries - yes the speed dial works. But I cant seem to set a call forward to a Speed Dial...

The next option I was looking at was a Personal Directory.

I can see the Corporate Directory under the Contacts Button.

I can see that Corp Dir setup as an IP Phone Service.

I have setup an Personal Directory, 1st as a IP Service & add under Phone & UDP via subscribed.

Couldnt see it under the Contacts button - still only 1 option - Corp Dir.

I change the Personal Dir to service type 'directory', still not showing as an option. 

Any idea on what I'm missing, for why the Personal Dir isnt showing?

or - is there a better way to achieve a Setup for Forwarding list??

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply press CFA and then press the speed dial button on the phone to which you want to forward the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I had read that on a post before - and thats why I had setup a test for Speed Dial.
This is an 8945 phone, so only a limit of 4 Phone Buttons & 4 changeable Soft Keys. I need to use 1 button for Line, 1 button for Front Gate intercom, 1 button for Gate open (to be worked out).

There are about 12 Speed Dial options they need.

When I hit the CFA soft key - I dont have any option for Speed Dial (no softkey & cant see this option to add under softkey template). There is no hard-set Speed Dial button on the 8945.

Normally to call a Speed Dial - ie press'1' then there is the Speed Dial soft key option.
if I hit CFA Softkey, then '1', there is no softkey option. No option under Templet to add option..

I've attached a few photo or examples.

That's not supposed to work, what I mentioned only works when you have speed dials on the physical keys of the phone.

You press CFA, then press the SD button on the phone.

That's the only option available. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks

So my tests are working as intended/expected then.

Which is why I was looking at setting up the Personal Directory - I read somewhere that you can set Call Forward from the Directory list? is this true or not? That was my next test but cant seem to get the Personal Directory to show under contact button.

If I cannot use the Personal Directory.

Other options - A phone with loads of buttons to set or the addon/side buttons console?