Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup of 2 B-channel transfer (TBCT) on Cisco Voice Gateway

Joe Goshko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In my scenario, I have several remote locations, each with their own T1-PRI connection to the PSTN via Cisco voice gateways.

The call flow has the caller calling a PSTN number at the remote location.  This call hits a CUCM translation pattern and is immediately hairpinned/tromboned out to a PSTN number located at the UCCE central location.

The customer would like to perform a 2 b-channel transfer back up to the CO switch, to free up B-channels to the remote location.

My question is this:  Assuming my switch type is supported and the PSTN provider supports 2 b-channel transfers, do I simply need to add "isdn supp-service tbct" to my serial interface configuration?

I have seen discussions that it is as simple as this, to needing some tcl/xml code, to also requiring aaa to be setup.

As there are over 100 locations being considered for this enhancement, the customer would like to know if it is 15 minutes or 2 hours per location to implement.

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As indicated in previous answers, a custom written script is needed. You can contact me if you are interested in having it developed.

After the solution has been tested in a site, it can then be easily replicated everwhere needed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As indicated in previous answers, a custom written script is needed. You can contact me if you are interested in having it developed.

After the solution has been tested in a site, it can then be easily replicated everwhere needed.

Thanks Paolo,

That was my expectation.

They have this going on the VG's utilized by CVP, so I will ask them to review the XML in use there for tweaking for the remote locations.

Thanks again!

Joe

Brendan White
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paolo,

How would one go about contacting you to get a TBCT script put together.

Thanks.

B

Just click on my name to see my email address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: