cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared DN between IP phone and VG224 port

ROD DANTZLER
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to make an external ringer work from a VG224 port and ring when an IP phone is called. After looking thru quite a few post, it appears that maybe this is not supported? Are there any work arounds or has anyone successfully made it work. We are running CM 7.1.5.1000-12. Everything I try breaks one or the other device. Once I remove the device from the VG, the phone will start back working.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rod,

There's no reason this shouldn't work as a first step try getting a simple analog

phone and IP phone configured with the shared DN. It's possible that the "ringer"

itself is causing you problems.

We use the Stinger Ringer (Model 196) from Dees Communications. We have used both an Analog port off a VG or ATA to power this device.This thing is super loud and works well for us. It is "line powered"

Here is a link to the actual doc:

http://www.dees.com/html/196_198.html

Cheers!

Rob

That is my thinking also. We have actually tested it using an analog phone and the ip phone will ring, but the phone connected to the VG224 will not ring. Looking in CM, the extension we are working with has both the VG port and the ip phone listed as associated devices.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rod,

We do this all the time, but with VG248's.

It almost sounds like a CSS or Partition issue.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: