cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared DN Ringing while in use

mdavis
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to find out if there was an option on 7.x to allow a scenario where an admin has a shared DN with a VP, and normally in the past if the admin had already answered one call and so her shared DN was in use the next incoming call to that DN would only ring any shared DN's not in use, so in this example the VP's since there aren't multiple admins. I know this use to be by design, but I am unsure if this has changed or if there may be a new work around. The desired result is that she be able to still receive incoming calls on that shared DN even if it is in use. I know I can build a hunt and shared combination so that I can associate both DN's to the same phone, and if it were allowed I think she would be ok with duplicate DN's, but that cannot be configured or supported last I checked. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mac

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All that is explained in the CUCM help within the CCMAdmin page. Topic: Shared Line Appearance

• Devices with shared-line appearance support the Call Forward Busy Trigger and the Maximum Number of Calls settings. You can configure Call Forward Busy Trigger per line appearance, but the configuration cannot exceed the maximum number call setting for that directory number.
  • The following example demonstrates how three Cisco Unified IP Phones with the same shared-line appearance, directory number 2000, use Call Forward Busy Trigger and Maximum Number of Calls settings. This example assumes that two calls occur. The following values configuration applies for the devices:
    • Cisco Unified IP Phone 1-Configured for a maximum call value of 1 and busy trigger value of 1
    • Cisco Unified IP Phone 2-Configured for a maximum call value of 1 and busy trigger value of 1
    • Cisco Unified IP Phone 3-Configured a for maximum call value of 2 and busy trigger value of 2

When Cisco Unified IP Phone User 1 dials directory number 2000 for the first call, all three devices ring. The user for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 picks up the call, and the Cisco Unified IP Phones 1 and 2 go to remote in use. When the user for Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 puts the call on hold, user can retrieve the call from the Cisco Unified IP Phone 1 or Cisco Unified IP Phone 2. When User 2 dials directory number 2000 for the second call, only Cisco Unified IP Phone 2 and Cisco Unified IP Phone 3 ring.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
    HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

Hi Mac,

Just add a touch to the good info from Java (+5 my friend!)

I'm not on campus right now so I can't lab this up for you to test

but I would have thought that this behaviour could be managed

via the "max calls" and "busy trigger" setting for the manager and

admin phones. You could also use the method shown below which we

use in certain situations

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Hope this helps!
    Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: