cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line and caller-id with 7916 expansions module

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Having an issue right now with caller-id coming across the main display when a 7916 expansion module is attached. 

Currently we have a secretaries phone that is configured with a 7916 expansion module.  The 7916 has multiple shared line appearances that are displayed on the module. 

The scenario that does not seem to working right is as follows:

When any line on the 7965 phone is in use and second call comes into the shared line on the 7916 expansion module, the caller id information is not displayed on the main display.  This I know has worked in previous versions of CUCM and I am trying to figure out what I am missing here.

Running CUCM version 8.5.1.11900-21

Phone firmware is SCCP45.9-1-1SR1S

Expansion Module Firmware is B016-1-0-4
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Matt,

I've had a long look for bugs that may be causing this behavior with the

9-1-1 Firmware but no luck. Of course it's just a guess that it's firmware related

but that would be my first step to try a different firmware. 9-1-1 looks

fairly buggy.

Sorry man!

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

The setting that controls the "second call" display info

is on the 7965 Product Specific Config page. You will need to

enable "Auto Call Select"

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

I was hoping you would answer...:)  I have before opening this thread enabled auto call select but there was no change in functionality.   I still dont get caller-id on the main display when the second call is coming into the phone.

Matt

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Matt,

Do you have both "Auto Line Select" and "Auto Call Select" enabled. I just

tested this out and both of these settings are "enabled' in my lab setup which works

the way you want

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

We have been looking at those configurations since yesterday.  Both are enabled, but we still see the same issue.  We are potentially thinking its a privacy issue, but we turned privacy off for all test phones just to validate.  This seems like such a simple issue, but I am not sure what we are missing?  Maybe a service parameter???

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Matt,

I've had a long look for bugs that may be causing this behavior with the

9-1-1 Firmware but no luck. Of course it's just a guess that it's firmware related

but that would be my first step to try a different firmware. 9-1-1 looks

fairly buggy.

Sorry man!

Cheers!

Rob

No worries!  WE actually had a TAC open on this, and the TAC engineer said this was not supported and it worked the same way in her lab.  I think we are going to reque and get this escalated.  Seems that this would be a hot issue if it was bug related. 

+5 to you anyway and appreciate the help.  I will attempt to downgrade the FW and see if that fixes this issue.  Will report back if this seems to be the case.

In your lab were you running same code on everything?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Matt,

Running CUCM 7.1(3b)su2 and 9-0-3S on the 7965's.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

good news! An upgrade on firmware to SCCP45.9-2-1S fixed my issue.

Good call as usual. Surprised we could not find a bug on this...

Matt