cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line Appearance for 3rd party SIP phones and Cisco CUCM

Alex-Pr
Level 1
Level 1

All of our phones are Cisco with the exception of one team that have polycom vvx-310 phones setup as 3rd party Advanced SIP phones in our CUCM.

They have shared lines and the problem is when one person puts a call on hold, other's cannot pick up the call

What I have noticed is when one person answers a line, the other phones do not show that line as busy.  I think that because the sets are not aware of the other sets they cannot pick up a call on hold...

Can anyone provide me some guidance?

Thank you,

Alex.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is Privacy disabled on the devices sharing the DN?

I have tried setting it up both as a Shared Line and a Private line within the Polycom Units.   From what I can see, once one of the phones takes the call, the other sets have no idea that the call is going on. The light for the line is not lit at all...

Thanks,

Alex.

So, you Disabled privacy by setting the Privacy setting to "Off" on both devices?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following up.  within the Polycom setup page, the only item that seems related is the option for if this is a private or shared line.  I have them set to shared line.  I don't see any option in either CUCM or the Polycom that states "Privacy"

Thanks,

Alex. 

Hi Chris,

Following up to my previous post, within Service Parameter for CallManager, I do have the Privacy Setting set to the default as True.  does this need to be set to false for the option to be available to the 3rd party sip devices?

Thanks

Alex.

Hello, did you resolve the issue? share the resolution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: