cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Line between VG224 and IP Phones

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone out there run a shared line between a VG gateway and an IP Phone?  We have about 8 phones on a shared line, one of which is an analog connected to a VG gateway.  A 224.  The VG runs SCCP as well as the IP phones.  We're running into a problem where when a user picks up a 2nd call on the shared line it hangs up on the first call.  When we remove the VG from the equation the shared line works as expected.  I can't find anywhere in the doco that we are running an unsupported configuration, but I was hoping one of you out there might have the answer.

Thanks,
Steve

1 Reply 1

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I believe that is an unsupported config although I can't find documentation for it. I've run in to multiple problems trying to share lines between analog gateways and ip phones. The only way I've been able to make it work correctly is with hunt groups. I use the DN as the pilot and hunt for the ip phone and analog port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: