cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

shared-line second ring problem (cucm10.5)

mehrdadelectron
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

In my scenario I have 3 line with same DN & Partition, the problem is when someone are talking with one of the phone & someone else call that DN, the talking person don't understand new call but 2 other phones will ring, I want the right manipulation for solve it.

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maximum number of calls and busy trigger are defined PER LINE, even for shared lines.

If that's not what you need, you'll have to provide an example of what you want to happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

at first thanks for your fast reply,I describe my need in new way:

I want to have one special number(DN) ex:1000 that can be set on 3 different phone,(A,B,C),which if any other person(D) that dial 1000 , all the phones ring at same time (A,B,C). now suppose A are talking with D & second person(E) dial 1000 ,in normal share-line, A dont hear beep or anything but B & C ring, I want to hear beep on A in such situation too.

what I know the ways for shared-line in cucm is same DN on phones or use hunt-pilot,please help me to implement my need.

Best Regards. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

If you've checked the Busy trigger as Java nicely noted (+5) then you may need to tweak the Ring settings for DN 1000 as shown below;

Ring Setting (Phone Active)

From the drop-down list box, choose the ring setting that is used when this phone has another active call on a different line. Choose one of the following options:

Use system default

Disable

Flash only

Ring once

Ring

Beep only

Setting applies only to the current device unless you check the check box at right (Update Shared Device Settings) and click the Propagate Selected button. (The check box at right displays only if other devices share this directory number.)

Note Turning on MLPP Indication (at the enterprise parameter, device pool, or device level) disables normal Ring Setting behavior for the lines on a device, unless MLPP Indication is turned off (overridden) for the device.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b03dn.html#wp1337027

Cheers!

Rob