cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line sometimes does not ring on some phones

vincehgov
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a strange issue that appeared a couple of weeks ago.  I have not made any upgrades since October so I don't think that's the issue.  I'm running CUCM 8.5.1.15900-4.

The issue is that one of my phone's shared line appearance does not ring while the others are ringing.  It seems like that phone is omitted from the broadcast sometimes.  This doesn't happen all the time.  Most of the time, all the phones with the shared line appearance will ring.  I'm not sure if it is only happening on this phone.  It is very hard to reproduce.

Has anyone had this issue?  What are some debugs I can collect to show what physical phones CUCM is ringing when the calls are coming in.  I want to confirm that it is omitting that particular phone.

Vince

17 Replies 17

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,
How did you made shared line between them?? Hunting list or somethink else.
What's phone type you are using? ( analog phones or ip phones).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

All three phones that share this DN are Cisco 9951 SIP phones.

No Hunt List.

The same extension is added to each phone as it's only DN. (phone 1, 2, 3 all have line 1 as extension 1137)

The sites main line (DID) hits a call handler in unity first and is then routed to the 1137 extension during business hours. Most of the time, all three phones ring. Only occasionly, the same one phone will not ring while the other two do ring.

I updated my 9951 phones to sip9951.9-3-4-24 and this corrected the intermittent "not ringing" for these phones.

However, I have another 9951 that shares a line with 4 other 8945 model phones that is not ringing at random intervals, while the other phones with the shared line ring 100% of the time.

This new 9951 has the same firmware loaded (sip9951.9-3-4-24). Resetting the DN in CUCM has fixed it twice so far, but it keeps occurring. Anyone seen this or have ideas? I'm gonig to open a TAC case and will update this thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: