cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared lined on a call

Tony Tran
Level 1
Level 1

say an associate has a shared line for their boss. and a phone call comes in for the boss, the associate answers on her phone.. how can she tell if he's already on a call or not so she can tell whether it's a good idea to transfer it to him or not? As far as i can tell, the LED indicator and on screen indicators on the associates phone look no different whether the boss is on a call or not. 

this is for an 8851 is it makes a difference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tony,

if that user have one more button configured as a BLF speed dial you can monitor that line, it will show red when the other person is on call, user needs to have 3 lines for this, 1 for the user, 2 for shared line and 3 for BLF presence

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100110.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shared line button should be solid red if the other party is on a call.

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/f3skkl

Brandon

BLF Remote In Use won’t work if the associate answered the call on the manager’s DN as a shared line appearance on their own phone. I believe it would be green/connected in that case.

You can turn Privacy off on the manager’s phone. That will show the actual call in progress on other line appearances. By default, Privacy is only off for calls on hold which is why you can hold/resume across appearences. Turning it off entirely allows you to see connected calls too. This is also how you support Barge/cBarge.

just tried turning privacy off on the manager's phone and ran the simulation again. no difference.

yes, but when another incoming call comes in on that line, the led flashes, its no longer solid.

Hi Tony,

if that user have one more button configured as a BLF speed dial you can monitor that line, it will show red when the other person is on call, user needs to have 3 lines for this, 1 for the user, 2 for shared line and 3 for BLF presence

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100110.html

Nope. BLF does not work for this either. BLF will indiciate red to show the line is in use. however as soon as another call rings in, the indicator goes green.

EDIT: nevermind turns out BLF does work.... appears to be some kind of glitch..i had setup 2 BLF SD's of the same number on the same phone and it was not working properly when it was configured like this. when i configured with with only 1. the BLF indicator stays red when the second call rings through.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: