cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Voicemail

bouwman22
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know if I can have a shared voicemail via unity connection without the number existing within CUCM?

I.E call flow UCCX script triggers the shared voicemail box. I am setting up MWI and alternate extensions for the users who need the notification.  My question is the shared voicemail box number. Does this number need to be assigned to anyone in CUCM? CTI Route point?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The easiest way is to assign the general contact center voicemail box extension to multiple phones as shared line appearance on line 2 or 3 and set it up to forward All to VM. Then in your CCX script simply point to that DN.

If lets say you do not have any available buttons on the phones because you are using 794X phone and both buttons are assigned to personal DN and ACD DN then your option is to do the following:

1. assume the common mailbox is DN 5000
  2. in CCX point the script to redirect to DN i.e. 5000
  3. DN 5000 is defined as CTI RP setup to forward all to VM
  4. In UCON mailbox 5000 has alternate extension and alternate DNs defined for all the agents ACD DNs
  5. This way all agents can see when there is a message and by pressing Messages from the ACD line can access the message.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

bouwman22
Level 1
Level 1

IN addition I forgot to mention the shared MWI. What is the correct synax? Under edit MWI under extensions, do I uncheck the inherit and place each DN on the line with a comma? i.e 6000,6001,6002? The comma reads in the white paper as a pause. Im assuming this syntax is accurate, but cant seem to get it working.

No, you need to define them individually, there is a limit of how many you can have just like the limit of how many alternate extensions you can have, I belive it is 10.

HTH,

Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No it does not, voicemail DNs do not need to be defined in CUCM. However if a call from CCX needs to be redirected to a voicemail server such as UCON it needs to go through CUCM. In CUCM you can have a wild card extension pointing to voicemail, such as 1111XXXX assigned to CTI RP DN and then by using voicemail profile that strips 1111 call gets delivered to UCON by using forward All feature. This way anything that is prefixed with 1111 and followed by any 4 digits ends up in voicemail.

Chris

So my question is within UCCX if we set a transfer target which invokes the voicemail pilot (unity connection) we are then setting a transfer target to the shared voicemail box.

So would this need to be added into CUCM? Call flow- UCCX script xfer to voicemail pilot with output digits of the shared voicemail box.

6 phones added as an alternate extension in unity connection.

How do you add them individually? You have to keep choose to edit the MWI and keep pasting different extensions? Seems strange

The easiest way is to assign the general contact center voicemail box extension to multiple phones as shared line appearance on line 2 or 3 and set it up to forward All to VM. Then in your CCX script simply point to that DN.

If lets say you do not have any available buttons on the phones because you are using 794X phone and both buttons are assigned to personal DN and ACD DN then your option is to do the following:

1. assume the common mailbox is DN 5000
  2. in CCX point the script to redirect to DN i.e. 5000
  3. DN 5000 is defined as CTI RP setup to forward all to VM
  4. In UCON mailbox 5000 has alternate extension and alternate DNs defined for all the agents ACD DNs
  5. This way all agents can see when there is a message and by pressing Messages from the ACD line can access the message.

Chris

Chris exactly! They are using phones that are 794x models and have their ACD line as line 1 and personal DN as line 2.  So what they want is to retrieve the voicemail from the shared voicemail box on their line which will need to be setup as alternate extension on the voicemail box and as an MWI.

So I think this will work. I was hoping to just have within the script a call consult transfer which again has a set transfer as voicemail box along with output digits being the voicemail box number. But if its easier to create the shared voicemail box as an CTI RP and just set the transfer target of the RP in the script then I will go that route.

Awesome stuff.

Thanks!

Yup, I got an idea of what you are asking for as this is common thing and I've deployed this at dozen places :-) I typically recommend 796X phones for agents so that they can get dedicated VM box DNs, but sometimes that is not an option.

Good luck!

Chris

Chris-

Do you know how to individually setup the MWI extensions?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

To set the Alternate MWI for a number like 5000 you need to enter each

DN individually, not all on one line with commas. Ignore the "inherit" setting

and enter the actual DN's that you want to Light for new messages that land

on 5000 So for 6 alternate MWI DN's you will need to enter it 6 times (1 each)

For Unity Connection;

Message Waiting Indicators

Cisco  Unity Connection can set message waiting indicators (MWIs) at up to 10  extensions for a user when new voice messages arrive.

When a user account is added, Connection automatically enables the MWI at the primary extension for the user.

You  can change MWI settings, and add or delete MWI extensions in Cisco  Unity Connection Administration on the Message Waiting Indicators page  for a user.

To Add MWIs for Other Extensions

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user for whom you want to add another MWI.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, click Message Waiting Indicators.

Step 3 On the Message Waiting Indicators page, click Add New.

Step 4 On the New Message Waiting Indicator page, check the Enabled check box.

Step 5 In the Display Name field, enter a description for the MWI.

Step  6 Optionally, check the Inherit User's Extension check box to use the  primary extension for the user as the extension on which the message  waiting indicator (MWI) appears.

Step 7 In the Extension field, enter the extension for the MWI. When entering characters, consider the following:

•Enter digits 0 through 9. Do not use spaces, dashes, or parentheses.

•Enter , (comma) to insert a one-second pause.

•Enter # and * to correspond to the # and * keys on the phone.

Step 8 In the Phone System field, click the name of the phone system that the extension is assigned to.

Step 9 Click Save.

Step 10 Repeat Step 2 through Step 9 as necessary.

http://www.cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac040.html#wp1267728

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen